New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was deer hunting with my buddy in Bainbridge, NY last fall and he stumbled across these. They were both dead and the coyotes had been feasting for a couple days. After gagging for about an hour we managed to get them to the truck. Sent them through the flesh eating beetles and this is the final product, we still can't get them apart...
001.jpg
002.jpg

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
Well, duh, one of the Bucks managed to get zip ties around both sets of antlers, no wonder those horns weren't coming apart. Whichever Buck managed to pull that off...that's one clever, yet suicidal Buck...

:jester:

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Oh, and here I had figured that someone just had gotten themselves in a tussle right after their weekly Elmers bath.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
A part of me can understand fighting to the death for a beer, but a Keystone???

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The zip ties are to keep the skulls from bashing together because everybody and there mother feels the need to fondle them. I'll get the original "in the woods" pictures up soon but they are pretty poor quality. The first picture pretty much shows how they were found. The G2 of the deer on the right was buried DEEP into the neck of the other. We thought after we cut off the spines they would come apart but there is no getting past the head.

Keystone problems? I just could never get the hang of drinking out of the genesee river and the clubs in Utica suck...

·
Registered
7,700 Posts
Pay attention PETA how is that kind of slow death better than being shot in the heart? I'd rather see them side by side on the wall from being shot but that's a hell of a find.

·
I kill deer... and I like it
1,336 Posts
Pay attention PETA how is that kind of slow death better than being shot in the heart?...QUOTE]

And add to that disease, starvation, automobile collisions, etc.

Those bucks had to put on one hell of a show before they finally expired. Sad to see, but a once in a couple lifetimes find.

·
Banned
1,261 Posts
I have found a buck dead that antlers got stock in vines while rubbing a tree.Also found a deer dead that got its leg caught in a fence.Last year during deer season we had a doe run into a fence and break its neck,free deer with tag from warden.Found a dead skunk that tried to crawl in-between a v in a tree and got stuck,lotsa accidental ways for animals to die.Its a rough life living free and wild!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts