New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I already posted this in the "Mountain Sportsman" thread, but, wanted Putnam County (or local area) folks to see it, so, I made a new thread regarding this: (Sorry mods, should have done this in the first place)

RE: Meet & Greet:

Hey guys, I just spoke to my next-door neighbor tonight, regarding a local NYF "Meet-n-Greet" (Putnam County/Upper Westchester), and he's "all in" 100%!

We were thinking: We'd like to organize this, and hopefully, within the next few weeks, we can make this happen. Kinda have a backyard BBQ kind-of thing. We were actually thinking that maybe a Sat eve might be cool, this way we won't have to go to work the next day? Crank up the grill, eat some food, get a fire going in the backyard, etc.

We have a good location for a nice little backyard get together, and could be a fun evening. Other cool folks might show up, as well.

Would appreciate any thoughts, comments, etc (Sat eve, or Sunday?) Sound like something that some of you local guys might be interested in???

Have parking for maybe 7-8 cars. Maybe 8 or 9? Again, I can't host a massive event, but, still would be fun if a handful of local NYF members could get together for a few hours

Will post a few possible dates within the next few days

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
I'm interested.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool guys! That's awesome! :D

OK....I'll get the Propane tank filled, talk to my neighbor, we'll hash it out, and we'll post some dates!

PS: Beer is always a plus! hehe

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LOCAL PUTNAM COUNTY MEET & GREET UPDATE:

Sorry guys, been a few days since I last posted, I didn't forget about you! Just been really swamped lately... didn't mean to keep you all hangin'

OK, looks like me and the neighbor have set a date of Saturday the 30th (this month) at 6:30 PM, if that works for you guys? You guys can PM me for directions (very easy). The BBQ grill will be ready to go, I'll have some food, and if some of you wanna bring something, maybe some food or beer, or whatever, let me know, would be appreciated. Neighbor is inviting some of his gun-friends, as well, and he'll fire up the fire pit in his backyard, too.

Will start around 6:30 PM. Should be a fun evening.

PM me with any questions, and directions to my place.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
LOCAL PUTNAM COUNTY MEET & GREET UPDATE:

Sorry guys, been a few days since I last posted, I didn't forget about you! Just been really swamped lately... didn't mean to keep you all hangin'

OK, looks like me and the neighbor have set a date of Saturday the 30th (this month) at 6:30 PM, if that works for you guys? You guys can PM me for directions (very easy). The BBQ grill will be ready to go, I'll have some food, and if some of you wanna bring something, maybe some food or beer, or whatever, let me know, would be appreciated. Neighbor is inviting some of his gun-friends, as well, and he'll fire up the fire pit in his backyard, too.

Will start around 6:30 PM. Should be a fun evening.

PM me with any questions, and directions to my place.
Im new here but kinda registered for the sole idea of chatting/meeting people close with same ideology. Mahopac 30 of my 40 years. Would I be overstepping if I thought bout coming possibly?

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Im new here but kinda registered for the sole idea of chatting/meeting people close with same ideology. Mahopac 30 of my 40 years. Would I be overstepping if I thought bout coming possibly?
No, not at all. I'm in Garrison/Cold Spring area, so, if you don't mind driving 20 min, you're more than welcome to join, as well. As I mentioned in the post earlier, we don't have a parking lot available for parking, so, it can't be a HUGE gathering, but, We have parking for maybe 6-9 vehicles. (or something like that) maybe a few more??? Probably have a few local Fire Dept members & local LEO's joining the party as well. So, should be cool.

PM me for directions

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
No, not at all. I'm in Garrison/Cold Spring area, so, if you don't mind driving 20 min, you're more than welcome to join, as well. As I mentioned in the post earlier, we don't have a parking lot available for parking, so, it can't be a HUGE gathering, but, We have parking for maybe 6-9 vehicles. (or something like that) maybe a few more??? Probably have a few local Fire Dept members & local LEO's joining the party as well. So, should be cool.

PM me for directions
quite a possibility. Thx. If anything would be my brother and I or just me, either way 1 car. Very familiar with garrison and all the friggan different versions of a Route 9 over there. Lol

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
i may be able to swing it with the wife and kids, but depends on when. id really enjoy meeting up with more folks from here.

4excalibur, your not far from me. im just over the border in somers on lovell st.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
i may be able to swing it with the wife and kids, but depends on when. id really enjoy meeting up with more folks from here.

4excalibur, your not far from me. im just over the border in somers on lovell st.
damn close indeed..im off Shear Hill, Mahopac...I had a great buddy live on lovell growin up now, he is a Federal Air Marshal..parents proly still live there though..funny thing bout what im noticing here is, a great majority of us on this site probably know eachother or have done some sort of buisness through eachother somehow..pretty cool! Where the heeeeeell do you shoot though? Willow wood advertises beautifly but all lines are disconnected and emails get sent back? Im used to just blastin away on my 5 acres in Marbletown, Ulster..but since returning to home County, i dont know nodda.

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
damn close indeed..im off Shear Hill, Mahopac...I had a great buddy live on lovell growin up now, he is a Federal Air Marshal..parents proly still live there though..funny thing bout what im noticing here is, a great majority of us on this site probably know eachother or have done some sort of buisness through eachother somehow..pretty cool! Where the heeeeeell do you shoot though? Willow wood advertises beautifly but all lines are disconnected and emails get sent back? Im used to just blastin away on my 5 acres in Marbletown, Ulster..but since returning to home County, i dont know nodda.
If you want to check out PCFGA let me know I would be happy to show you around.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
If you want to check out PCFGA let me know I would be happy to show you around.
Indeed I would,Thank you Gun.I just picked up a Pardner 12ga few days ago and itchin so bad to even try it once..loading and unloading in the bedroom gets old quick..haahaha
if you have info on rates and any info you can PM me I would be mighty appreciative.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts