New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can't believe anyone would want to start a business in this crap hole of a state.

http://stickylipsbbq...ps/archives/507

You probably know Dinosaur BBque. One in Rochester has to be feeling the pain and hurt by sticky lips business.....Soros owns the lions share of the Dinosaur BBque. Hate to sound like a conspiracy nut but the whole things stinks.

I feel like I am putting on my tin foil hat but the way Sticky Lips is being handled STINKS!!! and it smells like $hit. The Department of labor is one of the most Liberal arms of the State Govt and tie that to Unions and Soros...I don't think it is much of a stretch to connect the dots.

·
Registered
734 Posts
This kind of crap disgusts me, and is the reason why I am not pro-union.

Ill be avoiding Dinosaur BBQ like the plague now that I know Soros owns a stake in it.

·
Registered
338 Posts
it would seem to me that sticky lips didn't do there home work,and now want to blame some one else. he did say if i read it right that though he owns the building,he lease's the land from a state agency. that being said he has to conform to all the state regulations,ie paying pravailing wages,using licenced plumbers,and electrians. there are building codes,and rules that have to be adheard to. i just replaced a picture window in my home,and by law in my town i had to get a permit. i wasn't happy about haveing to pay $40 for the permit but the law is the law. in my town you have to use licenced plumbers,and electrians,they are more expensive,and most are union,but i must say that for the most part they don't cut corners,or do sloppy work they get the proper permits,and have the proper inspections. it's time for people to do there home work,and not blame unions,and soro's for there own short comeings.

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
it would seem to me that sticky lips didn't do there home work,and now want to blame some one else. he did say if i read it right that though he owns the building,he lease's the land from a state agency. that being said he has to conform to all the state regulations,ie paying pravailing wages,using licenced plumbers,and electrians. there are building codes,and rules that have to be adheard to. i just replaced a picture window in my home,and by law in my town i had to get a permit. i wasn't happy about haveing to pay $40 for the permit but the law is the law. in my town you have to use licenced plumbers,and electrians,they are more expensive,and most are union,but i must say that for the most part they don't cut corners,or do sloppy work they get the proper permits,and have the proper inspections. it's time for people to do there home work,and not blame unions,and soro's for there own short comeings.
The land that the building is on is not state owned property.

·
Registered
810 Posts
I'm not following who Soros is, or how he's tied into this at all?
Some will say that he has some ownership in the following companies and then there are those that don't believe he is a part of Freedom Group and Cerberus..Here is a list of holdings by the Freedom Group:
Remington Arms
Bushmaster Firearms International
DPMS Panther Arms
Marlin
H & R Firearms
NEF
Dakota Arms
LC Smith
Parker
AAC ­ Advanced Armament Corporation
Barnes Bullets
EOTAC
INTC
it appears that Cerberus does hold a large market share of the ammunition
industry and Cerberus has enjoyed enormous taxpayer funded bailouts ($4
billion). Cerberus has some political and financial heavy-hitters on its board
and has made some TERRIBLE investments.

In a free market capitalist system, even if a corporation
bought up all the gun and ammunition manufacturers and made ammo cost
prohibitive or stopped selling it, new companies would arise to fill the demand.
But our system is one of crony capitalism that favors corporations. Therefore,
it may be wise to stock up on firearms supplies.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I make my own BBQ sauce.
Piss on George Soros, but only after someone sets fire to him. And then only to save the linolium.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quality of work and ability have NOTHING to do with whether a craft is union or non union. there are great craft in each and scum bags in both. The prevailing wage laws have no basis in the private sector and this building IS a private building. Your renovation you did was your choice....and you had the choice to select a union contractor or not. The Owner of Sticky lips should be afforded the same choice. and the contractors he hired should have the choice to select craft that meet the skill set and pay them a competative wage. Prevailing rate is nothing but welfare for unions.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Some will say that he has some ownership in the following companies and then there are those that don't believe he is a part of Freedom Group and Cerberus..Here is a list of holdings by the Freedom Group:
Remington Arms
DPMS Panther Arms
Marlin
H & R Firearms
NEF
Dakota Arms
LC Smith
Parker
AAC ­ Advanced Armament Corporation
Barnes Bullets
EOTAC
INTC

prohibitive or stopped selling it, new companies would arise to fill the demand.
....legislation that hinders a new business can stop capitalism.....NY is the king of that process. The ones that are lucky enough to get through the process get their butts taxed off. .

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Remington Arms
DPMS Panther Arms
Marlin
H & R Firearms
NEF
Dakota Arms
LC Smith
Parker
AAC * Advanced Armament Corporation
Barnes Bullets
EOTAC
INTC

Para can also be added to that list.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Stickies needs to post this everywhere on the Internet. Send out all the info they can to let everyone what's going on. That will put the labor dept. under some fire. It works. I fought Texas attorney generals office for years, and it wasn't until I blasted the net with the crap they pulled on me before they backed off and admired they where wrong. One thing I've learned is govn. offices don't like being in the public eye when the is a high chance of them being at fault & in the wrong.
Make YouTube vid, tag all the key words and watch how many people will back them up, but only state the facts, don't want a slander charge. I'll head up there this weekend for some BBQ!

·
I kill deer... and I like it
1,336 Posts
My grandparents were restaurant owners before retiring. They got harassed by the restaurant employees union for years. The union would send their people in to get hired and try to fire-up the employees from the inside. They would also call my grandma at all hours of the night after she refused to go union.

Fortunately my grandparents treated all of their employees well and she was notified if someone was causing trouble among their ranks. The union eventually gave up.

·
Registered
334 Posts
As difficult as it is to run a small business in New York you'd think gun owners would stopping slamming local gun stores for small "customer service" infractions....

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
As difficult as it is to run a small business in New York you'd think gun owners would stopping slamming local gun stores for small "customer service" infractions....
get them out from under all the freaking regulations and paperwork and I bet many service issues would go down

1 - 20 of 25 Posts