New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, in my intro thread, i mentioned at the bottom i was denied. I finally got the reasoning from the judge. I lack maturity and had poor judgement after a break up with a girlfriend.

The poor judgement is from her telling the cop I became a "raging" alcholic. Which is not true in any way. Also, when we broke up, she came into a bar, that I was at for a friends birthday and tried to start a fight with me, and ended up getting her self kicked out. I explained the situation to the officer and the events that happened that night. He was understanding but I think he failed to understand that this was just around 2 years ago.

During the relationship with the "Ex", there was never any restraining order, never any cops called, it was a fairly stable relationship. It just ended because I started hearing from several people that she was getting around with some other guys, i confronted it to her and she turned it right back around and accused me of doing the same, which now, maybe i wish i had! lol. But since after we broke up, I've avoided, well preferred to stay away from any contact with her. The cop only called her because he asked me for my previous relationships(i've only really had two that were somewhat serious) and i gave names just because all my references knew of them.

SOOO...my plan is to write a letter, provide 3 more references. 2 being co-workers(1 is my boss) whom i've worked with for 2 years and then my good friend who i've know for 13 years. I am planning to ask if they can re evaluate my application as the incidents they are basing their results off of are from 2 years ago.

In the past two years, at work, I have been promoted, I have had employee of the month twice, I have been a huge role to my programs success, and I just recently got accepted in to training to become a manager. My co-workers, worked with me also during the time I dated and broke up with this "ex" they are basing their facts off off. I also did attend the hand gun safety training with David Jenkins out in Canandaigua after I applied.

If that doesn't show maturity and better judgement, I am not sure what does.

Not to mention, I listed the one disorderly conduct I had(got caught going to the bath room in an alley in geneseo...everything was closed, had no where else to go. I wasnt about to just piss my pants.) I did the community service over paying a fine. I think that right there shows something. I bettered my community. Well, maybe its not better since I didnt provde the court with any money.

Well, if any one has any opinions on what else I can do besides re-applying every year, let me know.

·
I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner
6,795 Posts
Your probably better off contacting a lawyer. You could try your letter idea but a lawyer will most likely be able to get you your permit I would guess but it all comes down to your judge.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I know. My friend was denied for the same purposes. Not sure what caused them to give him those reasons, but I'm going to sit down with him tonight and base my letter off of his. He had some assistance from a family member that helped write it and his ended up getting re-evaluated and approved.

I just think, if 7 people say I'm say, a person of good moral character, and they are all good friends of mine or people I have known for some time, they shouldn't be able to base it off of a ex girlfriend. The officer said "Oh, she's got to know you the best then, right?" I said right back, "Not really, 1 reference is my best friends dad whom I grew up with, the other is friend I worked with for 4 years and still talk to and the third was a co-worked I've know for a little over a year but is a good friend and in constant communication with". But, these were all my paper references. The two other people I gave for a phone call, I've know since High school and have communicated/hung out with fairly constant since then(6 years ago?)...

From start to finish, I knew the "Ex" for only a year and half. Never knew her before we met. It was also the first, i guess you could say "long term" relationship. I'm heart broken over it or angered over it. We broke up, it happens. I've moved on, from what I know so has she.

The funny thing is, the cop that interview my friend, different cop, same county, said to him "I'm not going to ask about past relationships because I know by now you most likely would have gone out and bought a shotgun and taken care of it".

Also, this was handed in and denied in less than a month. My friends, handed in and accepted in less than 3 weeks.

·
6,795 Posts
The problem with ex girlfriends is they have an axe to grind lol. How does that saying go? "Hell hath no furry like a woman's scorn" lol. Good luck I hope your letter works and keep us posted.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha yeah I know. As soon as he asked, I was like...well she's not going to help with this at all. It doesnt help that her family had a ton of issues. I know before I was with her, the cops were called to their house several times for noise complaints from family fights. I think at one point they were all in councilling..If only I knew this before I dated her. They need like...a human version of carfax. My buddy suggested, "Vagfax". lol. Find out the history of any female.

only if...But all of the anger in the relationship definitely came from her side. Oh well.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I started hearing from several people that she was getting around with some other guys, i confronted it to her and she turned it right back around and accused me of doing the same, which now, maybe i wish i had! lol.
Hey now, women aren't so bad, you should give them another try LOL

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Eh for the most part, the ones I know at least, have way to much drama going on in their lives. I need to branch out from Rochester. Ha. I'm too focused on work and other things right now to even worry about them.

·
6,795 Posts
LolWagn I think he was saying that you heard your ex with getting with other guys and she accused you of the same (getting with other guys lol) and to give woman another chance lol.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep, You're right. I typed that and read it completely wrong...haha anyways, back on topic.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts