New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
6,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just heard last night that everything is now ala carte, no more Sportsman, Super Sportsman, etc. Never did get a lifetime license.:eek:oh:

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
License = government permission + tax to provide for your family.

·
Registered
266 Posts
when the DEC turd waltzed into the hunters safety course that i was at and said that all the animals were property of the state, i was pretty much turned off to hunting in this state.

Brian

·
Registered
928 Posts
I just heard last night that everything is now ala carte, no more Sportsman, Super Sportsman, etc. Never did get a lifetime license.:eek:oh:
I heard the same thing. I usually got a super sportsman with DMP and it was $98. I do not turkey hunt so I won't need that one. Looks like $25 fishing, $22 hunting small and large together, $15 bow, $15 muzzleloader, $10 DMP. $11 cheaper for me. A turkey tag is $10 so if I had that too it would be a $1 cheaper. Big savings? No way... but I'm still going.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Just curious, all of you that were negative about the licensing, do you not hunt, hunt in another state or hunt in NY and try to avoid DEC?

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I already had the new version I bought it in July for just some small game hunting before the new one came out, yep both large small all in one cost like 22 bucks or something took me two days to get it because the system in Albany was down and the store thanked me for getting mine before the new one was released because the site was all different and took them a few to figure it out.

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
Yes they are. I actually posted that info awhile ago. The new "State hunting and fishing licensing" software in general is a POS. It was designed to NOT work and of all of the places I get my licenses, they've all done away with issuing licenses and NYS came in and left "business cards" on the counter for all to register your weapons ... I mean .... buy your licenses online. It won't be long before noone issues licenses in this state. Walmart is taking an average of just under two hours to do a license right now. They stopped selling fishing licenses earlier this year because of the new system changes and I hear that they too will end sales of licenses this month. The state itself, lead by the princess, has basically gone over the DEC and is now in charge of everything. That's why my Sister left DEC but her husband is staying in, very unhappy I might add, because he's been there so long he has alot to lose retirement wise. He hates the state. He hates the govt in this state and he's extremely upset that he's been forced into this position in a job he once enjoyed. DEC is a total mess right now as it's being turned into DHS. (NYSP are targeting DEC vehicles now to search for weapons and they've been harassing them like there's no tomorrow!! Honest truth!!) Unless the election is won by Astorino or the princess gets arrest for high crimes and corruption or people make a stand against the govt in this state it's only going to get worse. This is ****ing ridiculous. What a ****ing joke this is. FUAC!!! Drop dead you useless ****ing asstard!!

Just curious, all of you that were negative about the licensing, do you not hunt, hunt in another state or hunt in NY and try to avoid DEC?
Everyone I know personally have chosen to not purchase licenses at all and they are taking the stance of a sovereign person hunting to feed their families. I don't know how far that will get them, but I'm not buying licenses either. I'm done with this ****. I'm being attacked by my own govt because of my ****ing hobbies and something I USE TO enjoy!!! Somehow I've become a ****ing criminal and I'm done with the false accusations!! FUNYS!! 10 booooolets to kill a deer when we're regulated to 5+1 and on top of that ... I only hunt with a bow!!! I'm ****ing pissed that he got away with using that in his "reasoning" for the UNSAFE Act!!! He's going to see MY reasoning if I ever get the chance to be in the same room as him. Who the **** does he think he is?? There's no place in my country for people like him!!! Oust him and the entire NYS govt to start fresh!! (which means we can also get NYC and the surrounding areas separated from the rest of the state too!!)

This chicken's feathers are officially ruffled!!

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
Being that every state in the union requires a hunting license, and that prior to such system, whitetailed deer were nearly extinct in this country, AND since hunting licenses existed long before FUAC and will long after, I have no problem purchasing a hunting license, especially since they are now cheaper.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
. (NYSP are targeting DEC vehicles now to search for weapons

a sovereign person hunting to feed their families.

Somehow I've become a ****ing criminal

Oust him and the entire NYS govt to start fresh!! (which means we can also get NYC and the surrounding areas separated from the rest of the state too!!)

This chicken's feathers are officially ruffled!!
You go, chicken ...:D

:uzi::rapid:

nice rant .. :)

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Being that every state in the union requires a hunting license, and that prior to such system, whitetailed deer were nearly extinct in this country, AND since hunting licenses existed long before FUAC and will long after, I have no problem purchasing a hunting license, especially since they are now cheaper.
seeing as you are on Staten Island, I would surmise that you are not hunting your Land ...
State Land = State License

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Hunting season is what I wait all year for, so as long as I live in this state I will not allow this turd FU** stick to take away something I love and will buy my hunting,trapping and fishing license. I hunt mostly on private land my own and a friends down state so I can pretty much do as I please. My wife also gets her license and my Granddaughter will be out with me this year at times as I have been introducing her to the great outdoors. I have said before and I will say it again this is a great State with great outdoor resources, it's just to FU***** bad that the city pol's have ruining this great state for all of us. :mad:

·
Registered
6,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well let me join the negativity, I do it so well.
All that being true, and marios' son winning in Nov, why would ANYONE not look to get out of here? Are we supposed to just sit here and watch our liberties and enjoyment get flushed down the toilet every single day? I understand people can't leave for various reasons, family, job, obligations, etc.
But if you're able to and not making plans to leave, then just accept your fate, *****ing and moaning ain't going to help.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
I have been looking out of state, but I will never have what I have here as far as land (260 acres) unless I hit the lottery. ;)

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Don't buy a license and get caught and you are going to be even more upset than you are now. Not saying the "kings deer" attitude is right but licensing does serve a purpose in controlling the wildlife population. Screwing up the licensing system is no surprise. They screw up everything they touch.

Moving out of state is something I am looking at post retirement. It really upsets me though. My family has always been around this area and I love what the NY location has to offer. From an outdoor standpoint, change of seasons, able to visit the zoo they call NYC, it is a great area. I just wish the politics were not sooooo screwed up. Of course, this is the case at all levels, town, county, state and federal. Yes, there are some states that are better but the entire country is in deep trouble because of politics. You can run but you cant hide.....

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Screwing up the licensing system is no surprise. They screw up everything they touch.

the Licensing System is working perfectly, it is as designed
the State wants ALL the Money, rather than share with dealers
they wish to drive all licenses to the internet by making it unprofitable timewise, to sell a license

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.