New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not being in any of the boroughs within the past couple of days, I was unaware of this story until today. Any truth to this story?

Anti-Gun LGBT Group Shuts Down Two CrossFit Locations Over Gun Giveaway

It seems that the ability to give away any gun legally in NYC is next to impossible given the onerous requirements to obtain a permit to even have a handgun on one's premises (either residential or business). Plus, given the limited number of licensed firearm dealers in the five boroughs and high improbability that either Reebok or the CrossFit franchisee would obtain the necessary permits (or find a sponsor) for this giveaway, suggests that this is just hyperbole and saber rattling for the anti-gun groups.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Well, I have a way fix to this, stop opening businesses in NYC. Leave that island like its filled with black plague. Open your business is a friendly state, county, town.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Good. I want to see more whiny progressive groups stirring up their stuff this summer into the election.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Just another group that wants to champion their choice of rights, that is it. We see this happen with many groups, respect my "rights" while I violate yours.

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
Gays against guns? GAG; now that's funny.

Stick your political correctness in your ass, wait a minute.......................

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Surprisingly, for HuffPo comments, they are much more rational than anything in the article.

·
Registered
9,136 Posts
Wow, a while back there was a thread on here that was discussing how many Gay people were on the side of gun owners.

Rights are only good if they are for your group or your cause.

Kiss off!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
To me it seems counter-intuitive because LGBTQ groups are supposedly a minority group that is often the target of violence. In fact, Pink Pistols is one such group fighting for elimination of the "good reason" clause in the District of Columbia (Matthew Grace, et al v. DC Metropolitan Police Department).

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Wow, a while back there was a thread on here that was discussing how many Gay people were on the side of gun owners.

Rights are only good if they are for your group or your cause.

Kiss off!
And that remains true.

Where is your confusion arising?

Or did you expect honest reporting from HuffPo?

·
Registered
709 Posts
To me it seems counter-intuitive because LGBTQ groups are supposedly a minority group that is often the target of violence. In fact, Pink Pistols is one such group fighting for elimination of the "good reason" clause in the District of Columbia (Matthew Grace, et al v. DC Metropolitan Police Department).
Many groups have been hijacked or were always not what they seem. Look at any group or movement, just look at the 2nd Amendment movement and how many are trying to hijack that, also the true libertarian movement as well. Liberty is a cancer to anyone who wishes to control others.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Pass a law saying gay's can't own a firearm and watch how quickly they change their tune.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Read the article.... The groups are protesting NYC CrossFit gym locations over the CrossFit Games giving away Glocks to the winners. The CrossFit Games are held in California and feature athletes from around the world. So the gun laws from each contestant's home state or country are the issue, not NYC gun laws.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Boy do I feel stoooopid. I know what LGBT stands for, Now I see Q ! What is the Q for.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Read the article.... The groups are protesting NYC CrossFit gym locations over the CrossFit Games giving away Glocks to the winners. The CrossFit Games are held in California and feature athletes from around the world. So the gun laws from each contestant's home state or country are the issue, not NYC gun laws.
Please remember that these are NY City gays we are talking about here, I am sure in the other states where hoplophobia is not so rampant they are like normal people freedom loving people. Hell the NY City gays voted for a self avowed communist for mayor. Remember when we used to drop bombs on communists?
Ahhh Dr Strangelove. Now there was a movie.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Queer.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
1 - 20 of 48 Posts