New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
I wish people would stop trying to tie the push for gun control to things like abortion or gay marriage.
I disagree with your wish to not link gun control to abortion. I think the abortion debate and which side you are on provides a very powerful and relevant analogy.

Many of those that are willing to restrict or outright deny law-abiding citizens their 2A rights for the sake of protecting innocent lives also strenuously support the pro-abortion/choice agenda which advocates an individual's right to end the life of an innocent unborn child. There is an inherent contradiction in these two stances.

I find another apt analogy to consider is the use of alcohol. Rep. Slaughter made the comment, and I am paraphrasing here, that all law-abiding gun owners are law-abiding until they go out and massacre innocents citizens. The argument then is that it is legitimate to restrict or outright deny law-abiding citizens their 2A rights. This is a faulty premise because by analogy, anyone that has beer, wine, liquor in their house is just a homicidal drunk driver waiting to happen. These law-abiding citizens are just one step away from getting behind the wheel of their vehicle while intoxicated and massacring innocents citizens. By this rationale, NY should re-institute prohibition. This would immediately make the possession and use of alcohol illegal, you would eliminate the scourge of drunk driving and save countless thousands or tens of thousands of innocent lives every year.

I think this latter analogy is much easier and more powerful for pea-brained gun grabbers to grasp - not that many are open to reasoned discourse on the subject.

Tim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.