New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which ones do you like and which ones have you found that suck?

Im gonna be getting one for my build as I plan to have a single point sling... Thinking about the magpul asap it just seems a little bit expensive compared to some others I have looked at

· R.I.P. to our friend PY-3-21-2016
5,479 Posts
I thought the Magpul would be good for left or right handed use but agree was expensive, I went with one that's with just a loop on the left hand side so if i want to use a single attachment point sling I can. Was just twelve bucks at the time.

Bicycle part Rim Auto part Circle Metal

· Registered
9,700 Posts
I thought the Magpul would be good for left or right handed use but agree was expensive, I went with one that's with just a loop on the left hand side so if i want to use a single attachment point sling I can. Was just twelve bucks at the time.

View attachment 6252
+1 for this! Cheap and simple I also use the single loop style. I know alot of guys like the push button styles which are cool but I think in general that this is a simple part that has been over engineered by many companys. Also some of the ambi style ones with loops or slots on both sides can interfere with your manipulation of the forward assist.

· Registered
3,865 Posts
I don't know which mounts are good but I am glad you are getting one. I skipped it and just use the sling, but it keeps rotating and when the plastic clip is up I can't pull back the charging handle.

· Registered
416 Posts
What sling do you have? The ASAP plate isn't much fun to install and the dangling link can become very annoying. In fact, you'll see reports where many guys have just cut the thing off...not exactly a ringing endorsement of the design. I've used (and like) the Noveske QD end plate as well, but you need to buy a QD sling swivel if your sling doesn't have one. Many of the single point slings actually use either a hook or snap clip (like Magpul's MS3) for attachment hardware. Try to get your hands on any of the end plate mounts that have loops off to the side...some just stick out too far and will interfere with your manipulation of the rifle. However, I don't think any of those will work with the MS3 clips.

I've tried out many different plates and sling combinations and ended up making one that better suited my needs while solving a common problem for LE/mil buddies. You can read more about the Hook Up in this thread: http://www.nyfirearms.com/forums/ar-15/25006-m-d-hook-up-sling-mount.html

The setup I'm using the most right now, is a MS3 and Hook Up. It gives me full ambidextrous range of motion, a fixed contact point to hook on to (unlike a sling swivel to chase around) and I didn't have to destroy the factory staking on my BCM and Noveske rifles. The sling doesn't get hung up on anything or get bound during transition drills and it's nice to click over to the two point mode when I come off the line.

· Banned
1,269 Posts
Mine came with mounts already attached except my Ruger 556,and that ones got a fixed stock...So I just need a picatinny front rail sling mount right now for that one,cause it came stock with back sling mount!But great concept if i ever need one in the future....

· Registered
2,534 Posts
front rail sling mount
Or, Blue Force Gear Universal Wire Loop or simular so you come off a rail hole, front sight tower or pretty much anything else you can wrap it around. (not all that difficult to reproduce from hardware store bits if time and/or $ is a factor)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.