New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Let's hope to GOP gets someone else to run! Trump is in support of an "assault weapons" bans:

I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun. With today's Internet technology we should be able to tell within 72-hours if a potential gun owner has a record. Source: The America We Deserve, by Donald Trump, p.102 , Jul 2, 2000

·
Registered
753 Posts
Trump is a clown. If you want to beat Cuomo going the ridiculous media-sponge nutcase route isn't going to help.
+1

We need Trump's money ONLY. He's a loose cannon and you can ALWAYS count on him to make unsubstantiated claims or say something offensive or just plain ridiculous. He's one of those arrogant D-bags that believe in their own press.

Not to mention, anyone that believes in a ban on MSRs is a non-starter in my book.

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
Our problem is the NY Firearms forum is more organized than the GOP.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
All I hear here is a Trump is a Clown, Paladino is a clown we don't want them, they should just stay away. Guess what if you take the blinders off these two guys have boatloads of money and influence that Astorino does not. Our best bet to get Andy off his Throne is a Trump/Astorino ticket with Paladinos backing. Who is Astorino why have I never heard of him in WNY? He carried Westchester County which is Democrat, Carl Paladino Won WNY which is Democrat. If these things align we win. There will be more money spent on this campaign then possibly any other in history with the Trump/Astorino ticket and Paladinos backing. There are millions to burn here.

If Trump backs out we need Paladino and Astorino to unite somehow, Carl has money and the WNY vote, maybe Astorino changes his position on Skelos and Silver and makes it happen. If Trump is out these two must get on the same page for a chance to win. If Carl runs the C line he gets the C vote just from the Cuomo quotes above about the Conservatives and we lose, it's pretty much cut and dry.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I think we need to stop focusing on the governors race and realize that Cuomo is going to be re-elected. What we need to be doing is concentrating on flipping the Assembly and electing better representation in the Senate. Cuomo can't do anything without support.

Trump is a joke.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I think we need to stop focusing on the governors race and realize that Cuomo is going to be re-elected. What we need to be doing is concentrating on flipping the Assembly and electing better representation in the Senate. Cuomo can't do anything without support.

Trump is a joke.
Flipping the Assembly!!!??? You are joking, right? Do you even realize the margin the Dems have in the Assembly? The Assembly is OWNED by Shelly Silver and NYC dems - which is what makes this problem so infuriating.

I hate to rain on your picnic - but you have a better chance shooting the moon with a Rem 870 than "flipping the Assembly." You have a 100 xs better chance of getting rid of the Prince than flipping the Assembly - focus on the possible - not pipe dreams.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Flipping the Assembly!!!??? You are joking, right? Do you even realize the margin the Dems have in the Assembly? The Assembly is OWNED by Shelly Silver and NYC dems - which is what makes this problem so infuriating.

I hate to rain on your picnic - but you have a better chance shooting the moon with a Rem 870 than "flipping the Assembly." You have a 100 xs better chance of getting rid of the Prince than flipping the Assembly - focus on the possible - not pipe dreams.
you have a better chance of flipping the assembly than you do getting Cuomo out of office. Cuomo will be re elected. Period. If you think otherwise, you're only lying to yourself.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Astorino was the pick as soon as the Nov elections were over, it was common knowledge downstate.
Really?

Well. Is there some more pressing matter that's more important than announcing his candidacy? It's almost February.

That alone marks the guy a loser by my book. By my count, he's about 40 million dollars short for a race at this point. And losing time every day.

Announce your candidacy or GTFO. We really don't have time at this point for some job-stepping dandyprat that can't make up his mind whether it's a good decision for himself, you either believe in a movement for change or you're part of what has to be changed.

We have an opportunity here. Don't let the state GOP steal it from us.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.