New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I own a stag arms, model 2. This may sound like a stupid question but i'm 6'2 and was wondering is there any rule of thumb about where your stock should be based on your height? Is there anyway to determine whether or not your stock is too long or too short? My current stock is pinned but so far it's comfortable where I shoot. Again, it sounds like a dumb question but figured I would ask. Thanks

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I think it applies more to shotgun shooters having a correct length of pull. Personally for rifles, I think it's just personal preference, whatever feels comfortable and can give you a repeatable and consistent cheek weld will probably work great for you.

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
Hey everyone,

I own a stag arms, model 2. This may sound like a stupid question but i'm 6'2 and was wondering is there any rule of thumb about where your stock should be based on your height? Is there anyway to determine whether or not your stock is too long or too short? My current stock is pinned but so far it's comfortable where I shoot. Again, it sounds like a dumb question but figured I would ask. Thanks
I think the 3rd position in a T6 seems good for most people but in the end like sitdwnandhngon mentioned there is no scientific rule and whatever feels better for you.
Also beware what you wear when you test it. Maybe a tad shorter pull is best before you pin it because if you put a shooting vest or winter gear
you are going to increase that. Also length can be increased with a rubber pad or specific gear when needed but it cannot be taken off if you go too long.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts