New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious...
A lot of States are legalizing marijuana.
After buying and using in these States, do you now become a "prohibited person" if you purchase a firearm?
The ATF form does ask if you are an unlawful user of drugs.
It is still illegal Federally correct?,

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
That is certainly how the ATF would see it.

But the wording leaves wiggle room. "Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to ___".

ARE is not the same as WERE. I've yet to hear of any temporal requirement for differentiation of the two. Certainly, we know that past use is not a prohibiting factor.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Right on the 4473
e. Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?
Warning: The use or possession of marijuana remains unlawful under Federal law regardless of whether it has been legalized or decriminalized for medicinal or recreational purposes in the state where you reside.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It makes some sense, so you have to choose, you either have a gun, or you enjoy your life smoking some weed. I am not sure about other people, but I can fully control my actions after smoking some weed and I am 100% conscious about what I am doing, but others might not be like this, this this low makes sense, to not put in danger people around. It also depends what you smoke, I only use qualitative weed https://getkush.io, and I am smoking it in the evenings, 1-2 hours before going to sleep.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts