New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to move away from my single stage press for my plinking ammo. I have been looking at the Lee Loadmaster, which seems to get pretty good reviews. Today I watched a couple of videos on the Lee turrent with auto index and it looks like I could load almost as fast with cheap and easy caliber conversions.

Does anyone on here have both? Is there a big difference in rates between the two? Any tips, or gotcha's with either press?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I say the other thread but that is mostly about the pro 1000 and the load master. there was one message saying you could do about 150 rounds an hour, is that about right. Also the priming seems like it could get old on the turret is it a pain, our ate you able to find a pretty good then

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
I say the other thread but that is mostly about the pro 1000 and the load master. there was one message saying you could do about 150 rounds an hour, is that about right. Also the priming seems like it could get old on the turret is it a pain, our ate you able to find a pretty good then
100 average, 150 is the planets aligned and I don't' get distracted and have primers ready to go. Priming is a little funky at first but once you developed the feel of it it's smooth.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
I have the Lee Turret press. Added the Lee Safety Primer and it speeds things up. There is no fumbling around with the primers. I think it cost me about $25-$30 to add it to my Turret press. It's as easy as you can get for priming.
Just one man's $.02!!

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
I have the Lee Turret press. Added the Lee Safety Primer and it speeds things up. There is no fumbling around with the primers. I think it cost me about $25-$30 to add it to my Turret press. It's as easy as you can get for priming.
Just one man's $.02!!
Yeah, forgot that it doesn't come with it, you definitely need that.

·
Super Moderator
3,228 Posts
I have the priming attachment and took it off. It kept misfeeding even after I fooled with it a lot. I just set a primer in the cup by hand and it's good, it really isn't a big deal to prime on the turret.

100 an hour is about right on the turret.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I have a Loadmaster. As Les mentioned, I took the priming feeder off of it because it kept misfeeding them. I felt that it took a lot of adjusting to get everything running right. I realize its a lot more money, but I'd suggest looking in to a Dillon.

·
Super Moderator
3,228 Posts
Actually, I took the feeder off my turret press. I also load with a couple Pro 1000s and have no issues if I keep an eye on the primer feed chute.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'd like to look at dillion, but it isn't in the cards right now.
Thanks for all the feed back. I think I am leaning back towards the load master. I think I will be happier with it overall

·
Registered
687 Posts
I have never had an issue with the primer feed on my Turret press. Once the angle is adjucted correctly (took about 20 rounds) is has never missed.

4 Hole Turret Press Auto Index Deluxe Kit

This is the kit I bought. It has the large and small primer and the powder drop. I added an digital scale, bullet puller, caliper and dies and was off to the races.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts