New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to share my experience with the Lee Loader

Lee Loader 223 Rem - Lee Precision

I just got it in .223 to do handloads to find the best combo for my rem. 700. This is one of the best products I have used. I got it for $30 on ebay and love this thing. If anyone wants to get into light loading try this kit out. I am weighing individual powder charges on a beam scale with a trickler and it takes me around 1-2 minutes to load a round. Good way to relax and extend your shooting hobby.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
I'm quite sorry to hear that. I've tried the Lee Classic Loaders, myself, and they're a pure gateway drug. It wasn't long before I shot a thumbprint-sized group with .223 rounds I had pounded out of one of those that I got a real press, started casting boolits, turning necks and weighing brass, and it just goes downhill from there. I don't think there's any cure or treatment that can help you now.
:p

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im sure I will eventually upgrade to a press and the rest of the goods, I have a dillon square deal B set up for .45's I want to get a conversion for 9mm. I don't have the space as of right now to set up another press so that is the other reason the lee loader was a great fit for me. As of right now I am kind of happy doing it all the slow way. It was a great way to spend time quietly.

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
Just wanted to share my experience with the Lee Loader

Lee Loader 223 Rem - Lee Precision

I just got it in .223 to do handloads to find the best combo for my rem. 700. This is one of the best products I have used. I got it for $30 on ebay and love this thing. If anyone wants to get into light loading try this kit out. I am weighing individual powder charges on a beam scale with a trickler and it takes me around 1-2 minutes to load a round. Good way to relax and extend your shooting hobby.
I think is great for carrying into the woods if you have a large caliber and limited space. I always felt a bit uneasy about hammering down a primer though.. LOL!

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I de-prime all the cases and then use one of the little primer pocket cleaning tools. So far all have seater pretty easily and no kabooms.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Now, having abused a few sets years ago, only time I ever had a primer kaboom was when there was any debris in the relief for the primer. Which I think twice was little shavings from the crimped pockets that found their way in there. Make sure it's clean and you should be fine.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
You may want to try the Lee breech lock hand press. works like a charm for me

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
keep in mind that if you are using the Lee hand tools with the mallet - it does not full length size the brass which means that if you are re-using your own brass you are fine but if you are reloading brass fired in another rifle it may or may not chamber in yours.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts