New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i havnt seen any PMags around here for sale to LE...

Lot of guys I do know in LE, when they DO find PMags at the gun shops they pay $25-30 per mag, even for non-windowed.

So, have you seen PMags in stock at your local shops, and if so, what do they get per mag?

Ive run into a lot of cops at the gun shows buying mags, as its normally the easiest and cheapest place for them to get post-bans.

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
I was at buffalo gun center the other day and they had a bunch of mags for LEO only. I didn't look to see if they had pmags or not. Maybe someone else knows what they have.

·
Premium Member
4,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
why dont they just order them offline? All you have to do is either have them shipped to precinct or send a copy of military/leo ID.
Because 90% of companies won't ship to NY, and others won't ship any high caps at all.
The list is very very long of companies with the policy.
CDNN won't. Doesn't matter if your govt, LE, a FFL, a mfg, period. No mags over 10 rounds.

·
Premium Member
4,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
44mag.com
good call Evil.

however...

"New York: Any magazine over 10 round capacity manufactured after Sept 1994 cannot be sold and only repair kits will be shipped. (Note all magazines on 44MAG.com were produced after Sept 1994 unless specified.)"

Does this mean even a LEO has to order a "repair kit" and pay the fee for each mag? Or ?

·
Registered
528 Posts
There was a national tactical accessories retailer at the last local show here that was selling them for $10 each (non-windowed).

I'm sure they would send magazines to a department address, especially if a request came in on letterhead.

·
Premium Member
4,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There was a national tactical accessories retailer at the last local show here that was selling them for $10 each (non-windowed).

I'm sure they would send magazines to a department address, especially if a request came in on letterhead.
You recall who? Pretty sure that's at cost from RSR.

·
Premium Member
1,205 Posts
good call Evil.

however...

"New York: Any magazine over 10 round capacity manufactured after Sept 1994 cannot be sold and only repair kits will be shipped. (Note all magazines on 44MAG.com were produced after Sept 1994 unless specified.)"

Does this mean even a LEO has to order a "repair kit" and pay the fee for each mag? Or ?
No, I sent them my creds and they waived the dollar a mag fee.

·
Premium Member
4,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nvr heard of em. Perhaps I'll see them at the future shows.
Musta been a price war at that price point on the mags

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Check gunbroker for good prices. For example, there is someone with a batch of new-in-wrapper 30-round PMags (color black or FDE), non-window for $12 each. I've found some sellers will sell them to me once I provide my credentials, while others won't. I just email the seller ahead of time to make sure. I think I bought a dozen or so last time.
I think I'm to the point where I have enough PMags... if there is such a thing.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts

·
Registered
7,700 Posts
slight hijack for the LEO's. I just picked up a G23 with a serial # xxxECP any clue on dept? According to what I've read the numbers may be the badge number. If that's so do you get first refusal on your duty pistol?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
slight hijack for the LEO's. I just picked up a G23 with a serial # xxxECP any clue on dept? According to what I've read the numbers may be the badge number. If that's so do you get first refusal on your duty pistol?
The past two duty guns I was issued were just handed to me of the shelf.... We just get whatever number. For our department, we don't own the guns, the department does. When we transition to a new gun or retire, we have to give it back.

As for the PMag topic, I got the new ones in. $12 ea for new ones is a pretty good deal!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts