New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Postmaster General
23,190 Posts
Preaching to the choir. Lots of stuff about the BS has been challenged. Surprisingly (not), nothing has happened. As for references specifically, I don't know.

· Postmaster General
23,190 Posts
I think that asking for references is perfectly acceptable. I just don't think there should be so much bull**** after you get your permit. Make the application process thorough enough, and you eliminate the need for senseless rules that only affect law abiding citizens in the first place.
Like the application process. "Pistol permits" are about the most useless laws we have in this state.

· Postmaster General
23,190 Posts
ideally it would be nice if law biding ciitzens did not have to ask for what is a right like carrying a gun to protect yourself.

I can almost support the idea of permits, but I dont like the hoopla. I think a background check, small fee and finger printing should suffice.
Why do you get fingerprinted to do everything nowadays? You are not a criminal! You should not be treated as such. No fee, no permit, no BG check and you'd have the same amount of crime. See: The majority of states that have never HEARD of a pistol permit and I have to explain what it is to residents.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.