New York Firearms Forum banner

Law of unintended consequences

8K views 67 replies 15 participants last post by  EXSUNY 
#1 ·
Discussion starter · #8 ·
Guess what folks, NYS just *ucked pistol permit holders. You heard that right. You just got banged in the you know what. Its like SAFE acts wildest fever dream come true. NYSRPA should be proud, to have completely HOSED the vast majority of upstate.

So TY NYRSPA, TY for making CCW worthless. TY for criminalizing a trip to walmart.

Discussion starter · #11 ·
Just how did you arrive at that conclusion?
I'd like an explanation of how this is a Huge Win.

Relying upon Justice Scalia's unwise choice of words in District of Columbia v. Heller, the bill defines nearly every public area except for a road or sidewalk a "sensitive area" where a permit holder is forbidden to carry concealed. All schools, hospitals, parks, zoos, libraries, churches, shelters, subways, trains, buses, airports, aircraft, airports, terminals, stations, stadiums, places of entertainment, theaters, museums, concerts, banquet halls, "special events" (such as parades), federal, state, county, and municipal property and places (including restaurants) that serve alcohol are forbidden. Times Square is specifically named as a forbidden zone.

Discussion starter · #53 ·
I agree with what you're saying here, but note that this is a long game. If forcing the state to recognize our rights causes temporary discomfort (or whatever you'd like to call it - I had to pick some word!), then I think it'll be worth it in the long run.

Honestly, it was really only a matter of time before NY tried to do this or something similar, even without being prompted by the outcome of a court case. At least this way we have advanced legal recognition of our rights.

Unfortunately, when it comes to sensitive places, I think the antis hit a home run. I suspect/fear that the only way we could fix this problem would be at the ballot box, something that we haven't had much luck with, historically.
I like where you went with the Long Game. Unfortunately, it took 115 years the 1st time. I fear it will take another 100 years. Also, there will be no overturning the sensitive areas, thats a lock. This literally is The Worst Possible Outcome. People have been throwing money at NYSRPA, just wait till they realize, they are totally "Effed". Unless you hunt or target shoot with a handgun, you might just as well sell them.

Discussion starter · #59 · (Edited)
Have you followed any of Vicarious’s post’s since the Bruen decision ? Everything is about him having his CCW infringed upon and screw everyone else in this state once he has his CCW everything is good , truth of the matter is we’ve never in the history of this state had a ruling to come down so hard and factual against a state government but here we are just a week away from an injunction ruling ….. let’s see how it goes that’s all I’m saying .
I'm sorry if i seem to have come off as "screw everyone else" as that is most certainly not the case, we all took this one square in the shorts. I dont make it a habit of explaining myself to random ppl, But allow me to elaborate slightly.
I've had my unrestricted permit for over 30 years, my wife for 25. My daughters, a few years each, 2 of the 4, only got them in case something happened, someone can take possession of my meager, but still not unvaluable collection. Now lets say, every 3 years we all need to take a 16 hour class, lets say it costs $100 (fat chance probably be closer to 200 or 250) a person. tune me up 400 clams, every 3 years FOR AN ENUMERATED RIGHT. Now add in my Brother, my nephew, 2 uncles a few cousins, my MOM, who at 76 is saying eff it.
Now multiply this by 3 quarters of a million NYS subjects, er, I mean "residents".

I'm not whining, "I" am outraged by this. The cost alone is INFRINGMENT. I'm pissed that we ALL got f*cked. I'm pissed you got screwed, i'm pissed I got screwed, i'm pissed NY's most law-abiding citizens as a whole got screwed.

If you're not pissed, you're not paying attention.

And just you wait till next year, when they juice this puppy with a whole new set of Liberal pipedreams! Because its coming. Thats a fact.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.