New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friends father owns property in Keuka in wayne county. can we shoot on his property? im from erie county i dont know what the firearm laws are out there. thank you

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Go to the town's website and read the code regarding discharing firearms on private property. Normally it's ok as long as your not inside city/village limits and you must be 500' from any other building/dwelling, however it may very from town to town. Common sense applies.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Do you mean the town of Wayne at the north end of Waneta lake? That is right at the intersection of Yates, Steuben, and Schyuler counties. So it really depends on where the property is exactly.

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
Do you mean the town of Wayne at the north end of Waneta lake? That is right at the intersection of Yates, Steuben, and Schyuler counties. So it really depends on where the property is exactly.
Town of Wayne... good call Gizmo.

That's not far from hunting camp. Plenty of state land to shoot on down there. As far as personal property I would assume the standard rules apply.

·
Registered
905 Posts
this got me laughing, reminded me of the scene in fried green tomatoes where ruth is on her death bed and idgee once more tells the story of a huge flock of ducks ( or geese) landing on a lake (or pond) late in the fall and getting frozen in. well the next thing ya knew that lake (or pond) was gone. now i was pretty sure as hot as it's been that wasn't going to happen but HEY, i've read stranger things on here .......

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah right there! I have only been there once sorry for the confusion. the property is about 20-30 acers straight back with state land behind i,t a house next to it and a house across the road but other than that theres nothing around and i dont believe its in a city limit, its takes 30 mins to drive to the town at the north end of the lake

·
Registered
725 Posts
if you go to google maps and search the three counties you will see the county lines and be able to tell which one your in, if you can't find out from your friends father. If it's bordering state game land I would think Schuyler or Steuben. Either one I think would be OK. Yates is great, I'm about 5 minutes from the town of Wayne, and the owner of the little gun shop in Wayne is my neighbor. Only trouble is he sometimes test fires first thing in the AM. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts