New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WHAT EXACTLY IS LATE MUZZLE-LOADER SEASON

paid the extra cash for a muzzle-loader ( using crossbow) privilege but i found out we can only do late muzzle-loader with crossbow.... what is late muzzle loader please.

ps good luck all you hunting gun guys, best time of year is upon us!

· Registered
2,028 Posts
WHAT EXACTLY IS LATE MUZZLE-LOADER SEASON

paid the extra cash for a muzzle-loader ( using crossbow) privilege but i found out we can only do late muzzle-loader with crossbow.... what is late muzzle loader please.

ps good luck all you hunting gun guys, best time of year is upon us!
Did you happen to pick up the rules and regulations guide? It explains what dates the late muzzle-loading season encompasses.

Check it here.

Deer and Bear Hunting Seasons - NYS Dept. of Environmental Conservation

Basically, its an extension on the hunting season for muzzle-loader users. (Its Dec. 10 -Dec 18) in my area. Late Bow season also runs at the same time, at least in my area.

Also, here are some questions from the NYDEC website FAQ.

Use of Crossbows

Question: When can I use a crossbow to hunt?
Answer: Crossbows may be used only during the early bear season, regular firearms seasons, late muzzleloading seasons, and the special firearms season in Suffolk County for the 2011 and 2012 big game hunting seasons.
Question: May I use a crossbow during a bowhunting season?
Answer: No. Crossbows may not be used during any bowhunting season.

· Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thats what i thought, thanks man
i figure i need one deer this year and the antlerless 7 days ill get will help if i DO NOT get a buck in regular with firearm

well guys good luck this year and may you all fill tags and get bag limits daily !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.