1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
If you have been reading the national news over immigration , this will be the downfall of the Dems right here in NY because of this nonsense . The new polls are saying that the public,s opinion of this is 65 pct do not want anything to do with this type of legislation . I'm glad they have now brought out their intentions because they will suffer a huge loss at the polls because of their admission of coming legislation . This is another " big oppertunity " for us to unseat a bunch of career politicians . You couldn't ask for a better oppertunity !

·
Registered
322 Posts
agreed.
If you have been reading the national news over immigration , this will be the downfall of the Dems right here in NY because of this nonsense . The new polls are saying that the public,s opinion of this is 65 pct do not want anything to do with this type of legislation . I'm glad they have now brought out their intentions because they will suffer a huge loss at the polls because of their admission of coming legislation . This is another " big oppertunity " for us to unseat a bunch of career politicians . You couldn't ask for a better oppertunity !

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
I am concerned that the dems will take the senate in this insanely progressive state. of course they want them to have voting rights, this will keep the dems in power. if they give all these benefits to illegals, its going to cripple this state. the vast majority of illegals will continue to work off the books so they can collect these free benefits from the gov, and the middle class tax payers are going to be taxed into the lower class; just where they want us.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
It is a great opportunity, but only if the word is spread by the main stream news networks. The Post is a good start but this needs a LOT more attention.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
I am concerned that the dems will take the senate in this insanely progressive state. of course they want them to have voting rights, this will keep the dems in power. if they give all these benefits to illegals, its going to cripple this state. the vast majority of illegals will continue to work off the books so they can collect these free benefits from the gov, and the middle class tax payers are going to be taxed into the lower class; just where they want us.
It's been thrown out there by the people who stood in line and waited to be a legal immigrant in this country that do not want this sweeping legislation . From the numbers I have been seeing it's 95 pct of those who did it the legal way . Now with all of the backlash in the news over this the NY Dems decide to bring forth this type of legislation signals the really have no respect for the citizens of this state or they think it's going to bring them a return to Albany . I'm betting that it will be their downfall after all it's been a downfall in NH as Scott brown has now passed jean Shaneen in the polls because of immigration ! Now here comes the NYC Dems explaining they are about to do the same thing ! They might as well get packed now because I'm sure they will not be going back to Albany !

·
Registered
607 Posts
Of course, as stated with all legislation lately, "This is a good start". Next step will be the Preferential Housing Act. We need to give "New Citizens" a way to get ahead, so there will be a mandatory requirement that people with more than 3 bedrooms will house a "New Citizen" family for a year to allow them a fighting chance in their new country. Of course it's ok, because who needs more than 3 bedrooms?

<sarcasm>Don't forget, you can change all of this with your vote in November!</sarcasm>

·
Registered
166 Posts
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the illegals already get benefits that you or I cannot get because we have or had a job and paid into the system. Go to any courthouse and sit in the family court rooms for an hour or so to see your tax dollars at work giving the illegals all sorts of benefits that we pay for. You will see how some of these dead beats get deported and are back, you will see how they game the system and the judges cannot do a thing about it.

Look at post #9.

The person that came here legally and goes through the process of becoming a citizen doesn't even qualify for what these people get. The system is broken and needs to be fixed. The only way that it will be fixed is when we the people demand that it be's fixed.

The sad part is that the natural born citizen doesn't exercise there right to vote and will only complain. A naturalized citizen embraces there right to vote. The reason you hear people like George Lopez and others coming out against amnesty is because they went through the system and did it legally and its not hard.

·
Registered
6,385 Posts
I can hardly wait for Nov 4 to see where the people of this state really stand. It's going one of two ways, the debate ends on Nov 4.

·
Banned
2,647 Posts
I can hardly wait for Nov 4 to see where the people of this state really stand. It's going one of two ways, the debate ends on Nov 4.
Pretty much this, I don't care (gave up) for any lawsuits, Federal or State. We only have 2 outcomes: good or bad. If Cuomo wins there's nothing to look forward to until 2018, even if the Senate remains republican.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Agreed, Nov 4th will def give us that State of the State....

Welcome back Cotter.... uh I mean Jose

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Ladder I think that since immigration has reared it's head here , the Dems will suffer huge ! The amount of legal naturalized citizens in Ny are and have been against this from the get go ! This politician who brought this bill out is running for reelection and is about to get thrown out ! The NYT has had a poll that said the same as I explained No one wants this legislation ! Trust me the Dems will see a huge loss right here in the liberal Mecca of the east , NYC ! It would serve them right by their own stupidity to turn znY from Blue to RED over this unwanted legislation ! Now that would surely send a huge message to washington if that was to happen ! Since a Dem brought this up , it could very well happen right here !

·
Registered
6,385 Posts
Ladder I think that since immigration has reared it's head here , the Dems will suffer huge ! The amount of legal naturalized citizens in Ny are and have been against this from the get go ! This politician who brought this bill out is running for reelection and is about to get thrown out ! The NYT has had a poll that said the same as I explained No one wants this legislation ! Trust me the Dems will see a huge loss right here in the liberal Mecca of the east , NYC ! It would serve them right by their own stupidity to turn znY from Blue to RED over this unwanted legislation ! Now that would surely send a huge message to washington if that was to happen ! Since a Dem brought this up , it could very well happen right here !
I sure hope so, we'll soon see.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Haha, plenty of legal immigrants like college professors and doctors have to wait for years to get the voting rights! and people sneaking into this country are entitled to what? "Medicaid and college tuition money — along with driver’s licenses, voting rights and even the ability to run for office" really cool stuff!!!

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
Allowing illegals to vote is a great idea. In fact, why stop there? Let's allow people from all over the world to vote here. So I wonder who the Chinese would elect Governor and Mayor.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts