New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
i had about 1000 rounds of it, down to about 400. shot well with decent groups around 150 yards. mostly just did some plinking with it though bc i got it so cheap

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
Good for defensive purposes, better than M193 but worse than M885A1 and MK318 MOD0.
Also good for practice. Not allowed in some ranges due to the steel core.
Also for practice the M193 are related cousins are pretty good.

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
Do the steel cores tear up AR barrels?
No, bullets are swagged into copper jackets so in this case the rod stays in the core to initiate penetration with intermediate and hard barriers.
You can differentiate them by the painted green tip. As you can see below they are longer than a 69gr SMK bullet. They have to be since the steel tip
inside is lighter than lead. The fact that they are 62gr and longer makes them slower at first but they make up for that initial loss of seeped quickly since they
have better ballistic coefficient than the 55gr in the M193 ammo. The green tips are not allowed in many ranges where you have steel targets
so A) you do not ruin the targets and B) also they ricochet a lot. Some russian puffins for the AK are really bad too at ricochet so one must
be careful and know what they are dealing with at all times.

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
saw it for 229 for 420 at Gander MTN this weekend

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
LOL! Gander they are high on crack.
$340 to $360 for 1000 would be more in line with the market prices.
They wanted 499 for 1K of the XM193s, the only good thing about me looking at prices was I found 2 REM 700 BDM mags for 29.99 so I snapped them up. everywhere I have looked they are going for 49.99 or above.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Unfortunately, I gave a good amount of money to Buffalo gun center this weekend on ammo. I opted for 1000rds of Tula 7.62x39 for $240 and picked up some Rem .22 target and Blaser Brass .45ACP(small primer). They also have 1000rd boxes of Tula .223 for $240 as well. Prices have indeed been on a steady rise. I have seen cheaper prices online than BGC, but after shipping it comes out to about the same price minus the wait time.

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
Got 2K rounds of XM193 LC (not FC) NATO at beikirchs for $678.
Unfortunately it would cost me 200 dollars in gas to get there and back.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts