New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Kubotan......I sure had to look that one up! My advice to you is to get out of NYC as soon as you can if you are looking to carry any sort of weapon for self defense. Even if there is no law saying that those devices are illegal, they are so messed up down there that they may arrest someone for possessing ANYTHING that could potentially be used as a weapon. I once saw someone getting patted down by the NYPD (at a subway stop in Manhattan) and the man was arrested for mere possession of a small pocket knife.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Even if there is no law saying that those devices are illegal, they are so messed up down there that they may arrest someone for possessing ANYTHING that could potentially be used as a weapon. I once saw someone getting patted down by the NYPD (at a subway stop in Manhattan) and the man was arrested for mere possession of a small pocket knife.
I actually know someone in the city that was arrested for a small pocket knife. Some crazy ass homeless guy told a cop that my guy assaulted him with a weapon, they searched my guy and found the knife, and into the cruiser he went. Makes me nervous even with my tactical pen.

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
Cops know what they are and if they are Pricks, they will take it in the best case!

Tactical Pen, and it's " Just a cool Pen". Never Anything for Self Defense in NYC!

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
It is legal to possess in nyc. Use of it is another matter. Get some pepper spay. State law (overrides any local law) makes it legal and if you use it, and they decide to charge you, it is assault three at most ( misdemeanor) vs an assault two (felony). The cop is given discretion in most misdemeanors as where a felony, you would have to show it fits under an article 35 justification as not be arrested.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Join a Martial Arts School and make sure you carry you Gi with you at all times while carrying, a Bo Staff, Cane Sword, Chucks, Karambit, Kali sticks, kubutan and a variety of weapons, etc... :D

carrying them in a case, bag or whatnot... I'm pretty sure there's a stipulation in that there penal code about training for demonstration purposes, competition, parading... :D

But never, never ever would you be carrying any of those for the purpose of self defense! Oh, the irony...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.