New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Registered
16,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Capitol Confidential » Klein calls NYSRPA president's comments 'insulting'

""Tom King's recent remarks on the NY SAFE Act are insulting to all New Yorkers who understand we need smart gun control laws. That is why I was proud to sponsor this landmark legislation in the Senate. As a downstate legislator from the Bronx, I've seen first-hand the devastation and tragedy wrought by past gun crimes in New York. Despite Tom King's opposition to some of the toughest gun control laws in the nation, New York is much safer today thanks to the NY SAFE Act. Instead of complaining over the widespread praise we've received from the Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence and the Brady Campaign, I think Tom King's time would be better spent figuring out ways to better protect New Yorkers from the scourge of gun violence that is shattering lives each and everyday."

I got this one toecutter.
Mr. Klein is available on Twitter @JeffKleinNY.
Phone: 518-455-3595 (Albany Office)
Phone: 718-822-2049 (Bronx Office)
Email address: [email protected]
I think it is important that the citizens let him know how we feel about his comments to Mr. King.
Mr. Klein statement says, "New York is much safer today thanks to the NY SAFE Act." That, my friends, is a bold statement.

· Postmaster General
23,190 Posts
"Instead of complaining over the widespread praise we've received from the Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence and the Brady Campaign,"

That's like McDonalds proving how healthy their food is based on the praise of the kids at fat camp they gave free Big Macs to.

· Registered
16,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
This is the email I just sent him.

Mr. Klein - I wanted to take this opportunity to enlighten you on some real data and information as compared to your ideological position on "gun violence". Feel free to ignore this in your quest to criminalize law abiding citizens.

» An Analysis of Firearms and Violent Crime
13 Must-Know Stats on Gun Violence and Public Shootings | Independent Journal Review
Gun Control - Just Facts
Not a Peep from Obama: Violent Crime Reaches 42-Year Low
Study: Gun homicides, violence down sharply in past 20 years - CNN.com
FBI - Table 20
Murder and homicide rates before and after gun bans - Crime Prevention Research Center
Congressional Study: Gun Ownership Drastically Up Since '94, Murder Rate Cut in Half

Here is a small article I recently wrote. It also doesn't fit your agenda, so again, feel free to totally ignore this too.

"In life, words mean a great deal. Words are very powerful and the words we choose can significantly change the meaning of conversation and dialogue. Although some may consider it semantics, it is important to make this distinction. Custodial engineer or sanitation engineer sound very different than janitor or garbage man, and can change the whole tone of a discussion.

When was the last time you heard of someone killed by a drunk driver being called "alcohol violence" or "car violence"? When was the last time you heard of a stabbing referred to as "knife violence"? When was the last time you heard of a bombing killing innocent people described as "bomb violence"? I find it interesting that in those situations we blame the driver, attacker and bomber, not the instrument they used to harm others. Alcohol, cars, knives and bombs are nothing more than tools or things. They are inanimate objects. We don't make them into entities. Why isn't that done with guns also? Why do we blame the gun and not the person who shot the gun? The reason is very evident to me.

It is used this way by those who have an agenda, by those who have fear, those misguided and ignorant. It is done to accomplish a goal. That goal is making society so afraid of firearms that people will stop at nothing to get rid of them. All of them. It perpetuates the myth that guns are solely used to do harm without any ability to protect and do good. It is used by those who want to "feel safe", even though nobody is owed safety. Safety is not a birth right, only life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness are. Don't get me wrong, I am all for people feeling safe and secure. In fact, that is why I believe in the ability for a law abiding citizen to own firearms and do so myself. Unfortunately there are those who feel the need to take away my right so they can feel "safe", when the real root of the problem is their fear. If someone chooses not to own a firearm, they have that right. They just don't have the right to make me defenseless so they can feel "safer".

Lets now look at the word "weapon". Can a hammer become a weapon? How about your fist? Any object has the ability to turn into a "weapon". We don't however refer to most objects as "weapons". You don't normally refer to something as anything other than what it is. Can a hammer build something? A hammers main purpose is to drive a nail. Can your hands create something useful? Well, like it or not, a firearm is designed to do something and that something is shoot. The purpose you use it for is a whole other story. Since a firearm can be used to protect and for sport, it shouldn't casually be referred to as something that only has the intention of doing harm, a weapon. Again, it can be with bad intent, but it is the intent or individual that makes the distinction, not the firearm.

Lets also take the term "illegal gun". When it comes down to it, there is also no such thing. Here we go with semantics again. Someone who has a gun that shouldn't is either an illegal (gun) owner, a person who has a gun illegally, or a person who illegally owns a gun. The gun itself isn't "illegal" because it is just what it is, a gun. Nothing more, nothing less. Don't misunderstand or misrepresent what I am saying here. Nobody is saying that a gun in the hands of a bad or stupid person doesn't have the ability to lead to a violent outcome, but the person is the reason. The individual would be the violent factor, not the gun.

To sum things up, in order for there to be "gun violence", the gun needs to get up, get dressed, load itself and leave the building to cause death and destruction on its own. Guns have no more of an ability to become "violent" than any other tool or inanimate object. Why not "human" or "people violence"? By using the terms like "gun violence", "illegal gun", etc., we make the mistake of making the gun responsible instead of the person using it, just as those who want to take our rights away would want. Please watch the words you use and correct others when they use them."

Dr. XXXX XXXXXX

· Registered
7,787 Posts
Capitol Confidential » Klein calls NYSRPA president's comments 'insulting'
""Tom King's recent remarks on the NY SAFE Act are insulting to all New Yorkers who understand we need smart gun control laws.
only the dumbass's in the bronx. Everyone else in the state is just tickled pink over Mr Kings remarks

That is why I was proud to sponsor this landmark legislation in the Senate. As a downstate legislator from the Bronx, I've seen first-hand the devastation and tragedy wrought by past gun crimes in New York.

ooh really, how can you see anything from your gated community. and all the "past gun crime" is just that moron....crime, how can you be so cowardly and ignorant to consider crime in the bronx is due to Law abiding citizens of NY,..whataschumck

Despite Tom King's opposition to some of the toughest gun control laws in the nation, New York is much safer today thanks to the NY SAFE Act

really, name one crime that was prevented by the safe act, ooh by the way, if the safe act is working so well, how come your "constituents" are still shooting each other on a daily basis? you know, all that tragedy you have seen first hand. maybe if you could control your drug problem, the violent side would go away. Or better yet, instead of criticizing ;aw abiding citizens, why don't you concentrate on the economy, seeing as the bronx has one of the highest unemployment rates in the state. Whats it at now 12%-14%.....nice job Bozo

Instead of complaining over the widespread praise we've received from the Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence and the Brady Campaign, I think Tom King's time would be better spent figuring out ways to better protect New Yorkers from the scourge of gun violence that is shattering lives each and everyday."
Praise from who, all the anti-gun people? nice one moron. Most of us "upstate" folks have figured how to protect US from YOU.....push that rotten apple into Long Island Sound. Although if we did that the EPA would probably spank us with a huge fine for polluting, also as odd as it sounds, unemployment in NYS would instantly go down, go figure

I got this one toecutter.
Mr. Klein is available on Twitter @JeffKleinNY.
Phone: 518-455-3595 (Albany Office)
Phone: 718-822-2049 (Bronx Office)
Email address: [email protected]
I think it is important that the citizens let him know how we feel about his comments to Mr. King.
Mr. Klein statement says, "New York is much safer today thanks to the NY SAFE Act." That, my friends, is a bold statement.
Bold statement indeed, Can we force the dimwit to show his statistics to prove/backup this statement? Never mind, he would refuse anyway. Cowards are like that

· Registered
260 Posts
He won't see it, but at least I got it off my chest.

"What is TRULY insulting?

Having your Constitutionally protected rights snatched away in the dark of night by cowardly lawyers.

If your "smart" gun control was truly smart, why could it not withstand debate on the Legislative floor?

Face it. Gun violence is wrought by thugs and gangbangers. Data highlights shooting to only a handful of urban blocks in the states largest cities.
These neighborhoods are the problem, not the citizen exercising their right of self defense.

The safe act is truly misnamed. No one is safer because of it. If gun control is the answer to gun violence, your little piece of heaven in the Bronx should be the safest place in the State, given your strict (smart?) laws. It is, however, one of the most dangerous places in the State. Why is that? Because your "smart" laws don't work. "

· Registered
1,951 Posts
What I have learned about these listed "Independent" Dems is that they are PROGRESSIVE DEMS! They want to be the ruling class. Very nice letter Doctor.

· Registered
9,955 Posts
Doc. Do you really think the stupid son of a bitch would actually read let alone comprehend your letter? Keep in mind many legislative persons/NY senators by their own admission DID NOT READ the Safe Act before signing it.

They're blind agenda driven. Rolling up a newspaper and smacking them up the side of the head is the only way to get their attention. The fact is they'll be doing the same crap next week. There are no minimum qualifications for most elected jobs other than being a better liar and bull**** artist than your opponent.

NY state needs an enema.

· Registered
2,005 Posts
I'm surprised no one has congratulated him.
In sponsoring this unConstitutional Legislation in the Senate he is a direct cause of the Tyrant's fall from what ever grace he had, and has been one of the paramount instigators of a severe anti-Democratic uprising in the United States. if he cared even one bit about his constituents or the citizens of the United States, he would have kept his mouth shut.
Now, people who would have supported Democratic legislators, based on their willingness to fight for socially liberal policies and environmentally friendly policies, will be forced to vote against those people because of the lack of support for our inalienable Rights.

good going, Mr Klein. you've won the Special Olympics.

· Registered
14,520 Posts
here is my email to this douche nozzle.

"Mr. Klein,

My name is Jon Gibson and I am a resident of NY State, and since you are a state representative I wanted to contact you regarding your comments pertaining to Mr. Tom King, President of the NYSRPA. Your comments (see below), are baseless and fact-less and I challenge you to provide any facts to support your claims that NY is safer because of this unconstitutional law that only burdens the law abiding citizens of this state (I already know that you can't).

""Tom King's recent remarks on the NY SAFE Act are insulting to all New Yorkers who understand we need smart gun control laws. That is why I was proud to sponsor this landmark legislation in the Senate. As a downstate legislator from the Bronx, I've seen first-hand the devastation and tragedy wrought by past gun crimes in New York. Despite Tom King's opposition to some of the toughest gun control laws in the nation, New York is much safer today thanks to the NY SAFE Act. Instead of complaining over the widespread praise we've received from the Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence and the Brady Campaign, I think Tom King's time would be better spent figuring out ways to better protect New Yorkers from the scourge of gun violence that is shattering lives each and everyday."

The real issue here is that I'm sure you are a smart enough man to know that this law does nothing to make NYer's safer, and you only spread this hyperbole to keep your NYC residents thinking that you are doing something to make them safer. I know that you are looking to create the next generation of hoplophobes, and we are all aware that statistics show that the vast majority of crimes committed with firearms in your district are not legally owned firearms. We also know that the firearm laws in NYC are far stricter than the rest of the state, yet they have done nothing to curb violent crime. It is a year later, families are grieving the anniversary of one of the most heinous acts of violence in our time, and you still feel the need to prance on the graves of children to push unconstitutional laws on the citizens of the entire state NY.

I find it deplorable that you have remained in office, and I find it shameful that you willfully manipulate facts and statistics to push your own AGENDA. Lastly, the fact that you and your ilk use tragedies to push an irrational and illogical agenda that strips the rights away from all Americans (including yourselves) is a tragedy in itself.

Regrettably,

Jon Gibson"

· Registered
14,520 Posts
and as someone mentioned, Im sure he wont read any of these, and even if some intern does they will just click delete after the first sentence. I typically write all my emails very respectfully, and without any insults or "attacks" on character, etc... but this one I worded a bit more strongly because my frustration level is a little higher lately as I hear more of the leftists talk on the news about stricter gun control as we near the anniversary of that terrible tragedy last year.

· Registered
16,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Doc. Do you really think the stupid son of a bitch would actually read let alone comprehend your letter?
C'mon VARMINT, of course I do. After all, whenever I send Schumer something he always PERSONALLY responds with an email thanking me for reaching out to him. I'm sure Klein is a swell guy too. Seriously though, when I was younger I used to have a friend in the neighborhood. He had a little Shih Tzu dog that would attach himself to my leg and hump it like there was no tomorrow whenever I went over his house. That dog was the most annoying pain in the a$$ to me all the time. I want to be that little Shih Tzu to Klein and any other politician who is trying to strip my rights and turn me into a criminal, figuratively speaking of course. Just because he probably won't even look at it is no excuse not to try. If we all acted like the Shih Tzu they will always know we are there and may not want to come over to our house.

· Registered
549 Posts
I remember that little weasel Klein from the naval yard protest we had in buffalo earlier this year. He had the deer in headlights look the whole time and would not dare answer anyone's questions. He hid behind grisanti the whole time and said nothing when he was face to face with scope members. True degenerate scumbag in every sense of the word.

· Registered
3,751 Posts

· Registered
14,520 Posts
just posted comment there.

· Registered
8,394 Posts
Ohhhhh Im gonna send him an email.

· Registered
179 Posts
email sent-(high points)...get your head out of the sand....the "common man" has no bodyguards,drivers or yes-men telling him how wonderful he is....THINK before you make anymore foolish statements....You guys get the idea.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.