New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the late notice but Il Duce does not announce his schedule until the last moment.

Cuomo will be at the Solvay Youth Center 11:45 TODAY
1010 Woods Rd , Solvay
Bring your signs and be there if you can.

Ken Mathison
SCOPE

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
Do you think he's avoiding us for any special reason?

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Saw it on the news tonight. Good thing I didn't know or I would have been there to stamp his forehead with my new stamp

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
I'm surprised that many people came out.
I used to work about 300 yards up the road at Solvay Elementary. I can see why he stopped there. Such easy targets.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Thanks to all the guys that made it out to protest the NY dictator . Nice photo too

The interview with the supervisor really pissed me off. What a suck up. Wouldn't want to stand up to Cuomo on principle, just suck up to him to get some dollars tossed at him by Cuomo like a cheap stripper .

·
Registered
46 Posts
Why does it not surprise me that with all of the bad sh*t going on with jobs, the economy, housing, etc in Syracuse as well as NY, these a**holes think putting a freaking amphitheater on the shore of a disgusting lake is economic development. Have any of them ever driven by the lake in the summer when it smells like body odor? Do any of these people have the smallest grasp of reality?
Wow....just wow.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Why does it not surprise me that with all of the bad sh*t going on with jobs, the economy, housing, etc in Syracuse as well as NY, these a**holes think putting a freaking amphitheater on the shore of a disgusting lake is economic development. Have any of them ever driven by the lake in the summer when it smells like body odor? Do any of these people have the smallest grasp of reality?
Wow....just wow.
Body odor..thats putting it nicely. I lived right near it for a while. Smelled like rotting ass.

·
Registered
46 Posts
To be honest, I have driven by a few times and sniffed my armpits thinking I had B.O, and then realizing I was driving by the lake. No kidding.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Body odor..thats putting it nicely. I lived right near it for a while. Smelled like rotting ass.
All the millions and millions wasted on that clean up project along 690, and it wont make a damn bit of difference. They can make it look nice along Onondaga lake, and call it a successful "clean up," but that body of water will remain polluted regardless. Another hole to throw good money down, and most of that money was ear marked for certain local companies were part of the "clean up" who have political connections and make the right donations (/cough Ricelli Trucking /cough).

That lake remains toxic despite clean up efforts.

Kinda like Cuomo and his lackeys in the legislature we have squatting on our Bill of Rights in Albany, the bastards.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Because they are so desperate to make something happen here in a dying state with the highest taxes and utilities in the country. That's why!! Creating jobs has failed, lowering taxes has failed and all the other gimmicks have failed.
Wow....just wow.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Funny or rather sad, in the 1960s GE alone had over 6,000 workers employed at Electronics Parkway outside of Syracuse. Real people, earning real wages, buying homes, cars, goods, shopping, flying out of Hancock on vacations, those jobs went to Asia decades ago, later it would be Carrier, New Process Gear, etc., My point is, selling concessions at a concert hall is not a career, neither party wants to own up to the fact "free trade" killed the middle class, but made large investors hella-rich.

We have racked up $9 trillion in trade deficits since the mid-1970s, picture what that money could have done in the hands of Americans, working in a America?

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Funny or rather sad, in the 1960s GE alone had over 6,000 workers employed at Electronics Parkway outside of Syracuse. Real people, earning real wages, buying homes, cars, goods, shopping, flying out of Hancock on vacations, those jobs went to Asia decades ago, later it would be Carrier, New Process Gear, etc., My point is, selling concessions at a concert hall is not a career, neither party wants to own up to the fact "free trade" killed the middle class, but made large investors hella-rich.

We have racked up $9 trillion in trade deficits since the mid-1970s, picture what that money could have done in the hands of Americans, working in a America?
Yep, the traffic circle near Carrier was called Carrier Circle back then, buy they changed the name of it after Carrier basically went belly up in Syracuse. I had an uncle that worked there and made very good money back in the day, and he had to move on and take about 2/3 what he had been making at Carrier and thought himself lucky. Talked to a lot of New Process Gear guys before they shut down too, but in truth they shot themselves in the foot when they voted with the union to kill their own jobs. The cut in pay and benefits the company offered was not good, but working is better than losing your house. Instead, they opted for 2 years of unemployment and "retraining," which really meant 2 years of free money for those that were close to retirement, and 2 years of vacation for the rest. Its one thing to suck up a pay cut and start looking for another job, its another thing entirely to vote your job away. Unions simply don't have the power or influence they had once, and no company is going to bargain with them when they can move to another state or another country and lower their cost of doing business.

Consider Oil City, where Carousel Mall sits now. They wanted the polluting tank farm shut down and away from the city, and so they replaced it with a mall, as well as replacing high paying jobs with low paying mall jobs. Tourism and stores to shop in only thrive when there are good paying jobs to support that stuff, and this notion that tourism and more options for shopping is going to mean anything to CNY is a joke. Gotta have a job and discretionary income to afford entertainment and Saturday shopping trips to the mall.

I'll say this about free trade. I'm all for it, as long as two nations are trading on an equal footing. When we are dealing with a communist country like China, that brutalizes its own people, and pays what we earn in a day as a year's wage, there is no way our trade with them can ever be "free," especially the way they've been devaluing their currency for decades. The "free" trade has been very, very costly.

America was once the most modern, technologically advanced, economic juggernaut in the world, and now we're reduced to buying Chinese junk in Walmart because politicians refused to do the hard work of trade negotiations to keep American companies on an equal footing with Third World crap holes. Instead, the politicians got together with the companies and feathered their own nests at the cost of the once-untouchable American industrial complex. Now we have Motor City in bankruptcy, and large swathes of the country on the brink.

Ultimately, however, it is We the People that are responsible. We've let them do it, just as we've let Cuomo try to grab our guns. We mortgaged our future decades ago and thought the bill would never come due.

We've been living on borrowed and fiat money for a long time to get us to the point that we are now living on borrowed time. The next economic crisis is going to make the Great Recession look like Boom Town in comparison, and unless we get our house in order very soon, blood will run in the streets when the collapse comes. Once a currency is devalued, its only a matter of time, especially when that currency is the world's reserve currency.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts