New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
This story was on the nightly national news late last week. I'm still wondering about the side of the story that is missing/imcomplete. What was the deal with the driver (Danielson) who was arrested and charged with shooting the photographer (Dolin)? Was he part of the scam, or did the authorities pin the shooting on him as a result of surrounding circumstances (guy was under the influence and had a firearm on him)? I guess anyone driving a pickup with a firearm (could be a LOT of people that fit that description) could've been a potential suspect that day.

The Register said:
Sadly for Danielson, while he is off the hook for shooting Dolin, as of Friday he was still facing a possible charge of being under the influence when he was arrested.
Ironically, the name of the photographer's business is "OneShot Impressions". Check out his logo...

http://www.oneshotimpressions.com/

LOL.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
At least they took a drunk driver off the road when they picked up Lloyd , that is ALWAYS a good thing.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
However, since desperate acts of self-promotion are clearly not a crime in the US, and Dolin is still in hospital, he has yet to be officially arrested or charged.
What do you mean HAS YET TO BE? It is illegal to shoot yourself now? o_O

·
The artist formerly known as jhm8071
5,143 Posts
What do you mean HAS YET TO BE? It is illegal to shoot yourself now? o_O
Filing a false police report is a crime. I'll bet he's going to be facing a civil suit from the drunk driver as well.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
"Suicide is self expression..." - Gravitational Constant: G = 6.67x10-8 cm-3gm-1sec-2 - Type-O Negative

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would hope he gets a charge for filing a false report at the least. He should be jailed for general ass-hattery but that's unlikely. Mostly, I hope no one publishes or buys his book.

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
Whether or not he can be charged for falsifying anything depends on the story he gave police when he called. If he just said he was "shot" and nothing else, not sure what sort of charges he'd face, unless he violated some sort of firearms discharge policy. It happened in Montana, so I doubt discharging firearms is an issue there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts