New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to give my S&W bodyguard 380 to my God son who is graduating from the local police acacdemy,so I'll be in the market for a new ccw. I think I'm about done with tupperware tacticle pistols,so i'd like to try the all metal solo. I think that I remember the solo having some problems when it first came out,and I'm wondering, if anyone knows what the problems were,and if the've been resolved? I own 2 Kimber's now,and couldn't be more pleased with them. $700+ for a small pocket pistol is a fair investment,and I'm trying to do my home work.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I could hook up with you at Master Class and you could shoot mine. I've actually thought of selling it. Haven't used it a whole lot, added a grip to it. Thing shoots straight and accurate. I'm so use to less of a trigger that it throws me off a little. This has a nice smooth double action trigger.
PM me if your interested. I picked up some of the new extended mags and haven't even used them. I'm too busy shooting other goodies.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Anxious to see what peoples experience are with this gun. Have been looking at it since it was released. Don't know anyone that owns one. As far as availability there are a bunch on Gunbroker

@ImpeachObama Master class in Monroe? They are the ones that told me to stay away from it as it has lots of issues. Couldn't tell me what issues just said they are having issues with them.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
There is walther pps

·
Registered
308 Posts
Master Class has a long waiting list on the Solo, they are allocated as soon as they come in, Kimber does not appear to meeting the demand. I did get to hold the $700 Kimber and it did not feel bad in the hand for such a small pistol.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I own a Kimber 4" Super Carry - I love it - great quality. I love Kimber .....

I handled a Kimber Solo in Buffalo Gun Center before it was available. (Actually, it's always been unavailable. ;-)
I fell in love with it - it handled well (in the gun shop.) I ordered one. I waited about a year for it. It finally came in.

I read on the web site, that Kimber recommends that people use "recommended ammunition." (Federal Hydra-shok,
Remmington Golden Saber, Hornady TAP) I bought two boxes of each. The first time I took it to the range, it
jammed after about 20 rounds. It was a weird jam. On the fifth (of 5) rounds in the magazine, the slide didn't fully
slam home .... it was about a quarter of an inch back from being fully homed. When I tried to fire that round, all
I got was a click. Here's the weird part - when I tried to re-rack it (to eject that round) - the slide was stuck. I couldn't
pull the slide back with all my might. The slide would move about an eigth of an inch back. I tried moving the slide
back and forth (an eighth of an inch) and it wouldn't budge,

I took it home, and eventually got it cleared - I had to keep re-racking it back and forth (again, an eighth of an inch -
back & forth) - and finally got it free.

The second time I took it out, - I had it jam again- similar jam, but I got it free, right then and there.

I wanted this to be a gun I would carry all the time. I do not trust it.

With that said - any one want to buy a Kimber Solo?
It's only got about 50 rounds through it .......

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I recently did a transfer for a customer who bought one off the web, nice gun, I heard they are very backordered. My customer also said it was ammo picky, he googled information on it and said it preferred, I believe 124Gr ammo, I would look into this before ordering.

·
Registered
722 Posts
i read terrible things about this gun. i have never handled one though. it does look very nice . imo if they are telling you only use this or that ammo that is a huge red flag for me. for me a defensive gun should be able to shoot everything equally.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts