New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
58 Posts
Does anyone have the Kimber Solo? I have not seen the Solo in the local shops but they must be out there. If you have the Solo, let me know what you think.
I put a deposit on one at the Buffalo Gun center. I ordered it back when the Solo first came out. (It was about a month after it was announced.) I think that was back in March or April. (I have the receipt somewhere, I don't feel like getting it.) At the time, they told me it would take about 6 months to get it in. I expect to get a call soon ..... As I remember, I expected it to be in, in Sept or Oct.

The BGC has one in their case - you can see it and handle it there.

For what it's worth, it felt great in the hand - I loved it - can't wait to get it.

· Registered
72 Posts
I waited 8 months and picked mine up last month had nothing but issues with it from day one. I take it as a loss and tossed it in the safe not worth the money.
# 1 kimber Pro coating scratches easy and were the take down lever pin is located there will be scratches
# 2 gun jammed several times using recommend ammo
# 3 mag release buttons had issues releasing a loaded magazine
# 4 right side thumb safety fell off during shooting kimber sent me a retaining pin I had to punch back in
# 5 retaining pin under trigger drifted all the way out to the left side I had to again use a punch and push it back in even

The boards are full of bad reviews but I had to have it. Let's just say it looks good
Check out the glock 26 it's bigger but worth it never had a issue with a baby glock.

Kimber should refund everyones money.

· Registered
551 Posts
Jamgabbi's issues were what i was afraid of. I was in BGC a few weeks after they got one in - was in the market for a small pistol. Was between a Walther PPS, PM9, HK2000, G26, a small Kimber they had (can't recall what), sig 226, and maybe one other. Saw the solo - but the wait time and fear of a first release turned me away from it. Ended up with the PPS and love it. Shoots all day, not a single jam, accurate as hell. My M&P 40 full size jams every now and again w/the crappy reloads they sell there. PPS eats em up all day long. Love it. Sorry to hear about the solo troubles. Looked and felt like a good gun too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.