New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Banned
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should we be killing American citizens who join foreign terror groups that have declared war against the USA?

I say yes, but only if a judge declares:

-yes, this person is a member of a terrorist group that has declared war against the USA.

-yes, this terrorist group has harmed Americans or is planning to harm Americans.

-yes, this person has been involved in previous plans or is involved in current plans to harm Americans.

I agree, that these bastard pigs who join a group that seeks to kill Americans, are treasonous scum. But they are American citizens, and deserve more benefit of the doubt.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Terrorism + Terrorism does not cancel out. Everyone is so paranoid of each other it makes me sick. There's no sense of community or society these days, it's way too dog eat dog.

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
I want these SOB's dead as much as the next guy, but I don't like the idea of giving the Government that much control. In that situation they're judge, jury, and executioner.

·
Registered
6,384 Posts
don't forget janet napolitano warned about veterans and people with pro life bumper stickers. what next, armed drones flying over the usa " taking out terrorists"?

·
Registered
369 Posts
If they haven't renounced then Due Process is the Order of Law.
We are the Keepers of the Faith/Constitution.
If no one else, the who?

·
Banned
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I want these SOB's dead as much as the next guy, but I don't like the idea of giving the Government that much control. In that situation they're judge, jury, and executioner.
I have no problem requiring Due Process, if they are on American soil, or on the soil of a Western state.

But what if they are in the deserts of Afghanistan or Somalia?

What if capturing them would put too many Americans at risk?

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
Our govt is a domestic terrorist group right?? They instill fear amongst the masses correct??? They disregard the laws America was founded with yes?? ;)

Welcome to the obamanation!!!!

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
I have no problem requiring Due Process, if they are on American soil, or on the soil of a Western state.

But what if they are in the deserts of Afghanistan or Somalia?

What if capturing them would put too many Americans at risk?
Tough question.

American lives > Terrorist

We can't just start calling hits out on people. Well actually guess we can since Obama's already done that.

My one reservation is....where does it end?

·
Registered
8,547 Posts
Hasn't stopped them. They have already done it. I haven't had a problem with who they killed so far though. That buttwipe in Yemen (glad I can't remember his name - Al walaki or something) deserved it.

·
Banned
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Tough question.

American lives > Terrorist

We can't just start calling hits out on people. Well actually guess we can since Obama's already done that.

My one reservation is....where does it end?
We are Americans.

I see nothing wrong with having an official policy that values American lives more than non-American lives, especially if they are terrorists.

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
We are Americans.

I see nothing wrong with having an official policy that values American lives more than non-American lives, especially if they are terrorists.
Guess it depends on the policy.

·
Banned
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OK, all the nonesense aside, we are talking about foreign terrorist groups like Al Qaeda.

There are real groups who have killed thousands of Americans, in at least three terrorist attacks on American soil.

These are not people who should be treated with kid gloves.

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
OK, all the nonesense aside, we are talking about foreign terrorist groups like Al Qaeda.

There are real groups who have killed thousands of Americans, in at least three terrorist attacks on American soil.

These are not people who should be treated with kid gloves.
If it's Al Qaeda etc. then bomb those ****ers to Hell. If we have tangible evidence that they do indeed belong to these organizations and have conducted or plan to conduct terrorist activities.

·
Registered
10,486 Posts
If we start indiscriminately killing, such as they do, then we lose the moral high ground. At that point, no amount of killing will matter, we've already lost.

Or, even better, how about we avoid the entire thing by stop dicking around in countries that we have no business being in?

·
Banned
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If we start indiscriminately killing, such as they do, then we lose the moral high ground. At that point, no amount of killing will matter, we've already lost.

Or, even better, how about we avoid the entire thing by stop dicking around in countries that we have no business being in?
we're talking about killing folks that are hanging out with Al Qaeda terrorists, not random shoppers at the mall.

you remember 9-11, right?

you remember the African embassy bombings, right?

you remember the USS Cole bombing, right?

·
Registered
8,547 Posts

We are not talking about indiscriminate killing here. Americans don't do that. I am proud that our troops are humane (almost always, there are always going to be incidents). But I'm sorry, I don't care if you are an American or not, if you publicly announce that you are an enemy of the American people and that you will do whatever you can to kill innocent Americans, then you deserve to die.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts