1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
First I will say no safe is impenetrable. Most simply keep honest people out or buy you time. Second, whenever possible you should secure a safe so it can not be moved around i.e. bolted down to floor, through back to studs, in sturdy drawers. Third, many of the videos in that link are hard to believe, they do not show the safe being locked before the kid simply lifts and drops it a couple times and twists the handle the rest of the way.

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
I'm sure my 6 y/o could open my gun safe with a McD's straw as long as I gave him a key to the tumbler and the combo first; all while sipping on a McD's apple juice, of course :)

·
Registered
725 Posts
I was able to pick LE S&W hand cuffs with a paper clip when I was 7. A few years ago I told a friend about it and he called BS. He used to work security so he pulled out a set. Took me under a minute, and I hadn't done it in 30 years or more.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Hand cuffs are easy to pick, regular door locks are fairly easy to pick, many things are easy to pick if you know what your doing.

·
Formerly SRV1
4,720 Posts
Those videos are propaganda for the anti crowd. The video is edited as well. Also, you can disable the mechanism in back of the electronics so even if he did lock it, the electronic solenoid never was connected so it would have not locked to begin with. I hope the companies who safes are in that video sue the guy. I call pure BS on this one.

James

·
Registered
460 Posts
i saw this on another website and thought it was a joke, the video was edited and dont believe safes were in proper working order, and also the kid had to have been taught exactly what to do by the father or someone

1 - 8 of 8 Posts