New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about picking up a little Cricket rifle to teach my girl how to shoot. Anyone care to share their experiences with overall performance of the rifle? Found a decent deal on Buds and just getting some more info before I pull the trigger.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I want to buy my daughter one too, and myself one of these pistols. I wish they made the rifles and pistols chambered in 17hmr though. Air gun Trigger Wood Line Gun barrel

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Great little gun, I bought one for my Grand Daughter a couple of years ago at Walmart for $99. It has the key lock so you have to unlock before firing. Once you close the bolt you pull back on the rear of the bolt to cock the gun. Shoots great she has a ball with it ( almost as much as Gramps, I don't know who has a bigger smile on there face.) :D Oh and she's 5 1/2 going on 20 (oh boy) loves the pink but would of preferred pink camo. That's my girl

·
Registered
897 Posts
I bought my daughter a pink one when they first came out. My granddaughter may be the next Annie Oakley! Keeping them supplied with ammo is the hard part these days. It's a granddads duty to keep the hunting/shooting/safety traditions alive!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the good feedback. I feel a lot better about making this purchase. Gonna definitely be a lot cheaper to buy it now than when I do eventually have kids haha

·
Registered
629 Posts
I bought two for both my sons to learn on. Great little rifles. I bought two with black stocks but kids wanted "their own". Keystone was good enough to exchange one black stock for an olive one. Now they know which one is theirs.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I want to buy my daughter one too, and myself one of these pistols. I wish they made the rifles and pistols chambered in 17hmr though. View attachment 34715
I'm not sure about the rifles, but the pistols were offered in 17HMR, but now discontinued in that caliber. I'm looking for one myself to use for small game hunting.

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
LOL, got two of them (one's a different brand but very similar) for my son. Great for a kid. Stock is VERY small, not sure how good it would be for an adult, even a petite one at that. Would lend one to you to try out but not sure of legality under this SAFE act crap...

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
No, I was responding to OP about the Cricket rifle.
Yeah that's why I edited my post, I realized that after the fact lol. I'm a bit slow today :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts