New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this radio 2 years ago, got my license and used it about 6 times controlling it with Ham Radio Deluxe on my PC. I would tune it and encode/decode morse using the software and watch the bands at night. I found that the challenge of learning about HAM radio was more interesting to me than actually using the radios.

These are designed to run on 12 volts DC and can be home or mobile mounted. This one was only used in my home. I have a Kenwood PS-430 power supply (very heavy duty) that can be bought along with this radio if desired.

I have the radio, remote head unit, control cable (very long), mobile mounting plates, adjustable home head unit stand, original box, microphone, power cords with HD fuses, etc.

These have a built-in tuner so you can tune a piece of wire thrown on the ground (does this automatically) or a huge dipole. I used this radio with a 4 band center fed dipole and was able to reach Europe and the Caribbean without running full power.

Has the optional VGS-1 Voice guide and recording module installed which give verbal confirmation of frequency and can record up to 90 seconds of audio.

There may be another filter or 2 installed, but I cannot remember how to check the software to verify this.

Flashed to the most recent version of firmware.

More data including manuals here:

Kenwood: TS-480HX/TS-480SAT HF/50MHz All-Mode Transceiver

http://www.kenwoodusa.com/Communicat...S-480HX-480SAT

TS 480SAT radio and accessories $800 plus shipping
PS430 power supply $120 plus shipping

Buy them both for $920 and I'll pay the freight.

$900 if you pick them up or meet me somewhere

I have other HAM related equipment that I'll be listing shortly. No other radios, but things like the dipole antenna I mentioned above, external speakers, breakout box for using this or other radios with a PC, etc.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh boy, you certainly have my attention with this. Are you looking for any type of trades?
Im looking for a dual sport motorcycle but would entertain other options.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts