New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
7,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ecoregion Product Map World Font My old district (20), represented by Chris Gibson.

My new district (21) represented by a Plattsburg democrat---I don't think so! Sorry couldn't copy the map.

http://download.gannett.edgesuite.net/wgrz/news/030612_DistrictLayouts.pdf

Shameless gerry mandering has stripped us of the welcome representation we voted for in Washington county. Now I hope the north country voters will make them regret it. It starts Tuesday 6/26/12 with the Republican primary election. I emailed the 2 Reps who are running and asked 1 simple question. "What are your views on gun control?" Within an hour I had a response from Kellie Greene and I'm delighted to share her response to me:

Hi Bill:

I am a strong supporter of the NRA and am a member - I am 100% in line with the NRA initiatives. I actually think the State of NY is violating the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] amendment with excessive waiting periods for permits!!!! A year? Seriously. Some people have waited that long to have a firearm. That is simply unconstitutional! Having lived in Arizona, a state with very open gun laws, I am shocked at how New York systematically strips away our constitutional liberties in this area and yet nobody has taken it to the courts!

Thank you for contacting me via my website. I would appreciate your support on Tuesday if you are a republican, in the primary!

Best regards,

Kellie Greene

I haven't heard from Matt Doheny but; I don't think I have to, this lady has my attention! Mr. Doheny lost the last election by a slim margin but close doesn't count nor did it effect me at the time, now it does, I for one will never vote for a Democrat or a RINO and will not sit idly by as the steal my area.

http://kelliegreene4congress.com/about-john/

·
Registered
7,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This just in, a response from the Doheny camp:

William -Matt is a strong supporter of our Second Amendment rights. During his 2010 campaign, he received an AQ rating from the National Rifle Association - the highest grade offered to a non-incumbent candidate.Matt is also a lifetime member of the NRA.- judeOn Sun, 24 Jun 2012 12:42:39 +0000 (UTC), [email protected]
Not much IMO to go on here, even got my email address wrong. Either way I'll vote for the winner of the primary and hope for the best. After the fiasco Gilibomb pull on gun owners the NRA questionnaires and ratings don't hold much water for me anymore.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Now if we could get such candidates across the upstate spectrum...

·
Super Moderator
3,234 Posts
You must have inherited Owens. We were saddled with him for the past few years. Every time I sent a message about an issue to him, I would get a response that required the help of a lawyer to decipher. I voted against him, but alas, he won anyway. By the way, he is an enthusiastic supporter of Obamacare.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
lets hope so Bill, ashamed that I did not realize there was a primary on Tuesday. What about the Assssembly seat? I hear Dan Stec feels he deserves this seat as he has "waited " for it, that sounds likes a pompous A hole to me. Any info on him?

·
Registered
7,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
lets hope so Bill, ashamed that I did not realize there was a primary on Tuesday. What about the Assssembly seat? I hear Dan Stec feels he deserves this seat as he has "waited " for it, that sounds likes a pompous A hole to me. Any info on him?
No shame in not knowing, the BOE didn't send notices.
Stec's been on the teat a long time and I'm surprised every time he gets reelected.

·
Registered
7,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Changing the subject a little bit, does anyone know anything about Wendy Long, and her stand on the 2A?
She has some solid Conservative endorsements but don't know for sure yet, going surfing.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Well, just got back from voting, I will confess that I voted for Turner, upon evidence gathering he seems to be the only one financialy capable of overpowering Gillibrand with her $15 million in campaign funds, Wendy Long sounds ok but she has some college skeletons of racism and bigotry due to her affiliation with a college newspaper, anyway, him and Kellie Greene and I am proud to say that my family were voters 16, 17, and 18 in my polling place. That is completely disgusting, our representatives get voted in by the minority of the population. get with it people. We can fix this, but not alone.

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Well, just got back from voting, I will confess that I voted for Turner, upon evidence gathering he seems to be the only one financialy capable of overpowering Gillibrand with her $15 million in campaign funds, Wendy Long sounds ok but she has some college skeletons of racism and bigotry due to her affiliation with a college newspaper, anyway, him and Kellie Greene and I am proud to say that my family were voters 16, 17, and 18 in my polling place. That is completely disgusting, our representatives get voted in by the minority of the population. get with it people. We can fix this, but not alone.
Yeah, tell me about it. Voting opened at 6 am this morning. My wife and I went at about 6 PM tonight. #14 and #15 in our district. Pathetic.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts