New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else see that "sweet" political ad on how AC was right there and helped them out ? I hope they're the anomaly

Speaking of that, we're finding a lot of gun club members who aren't registered to vote AND club directors resist requiring it as a basis for continued membership.

Too many people who should support us, undercut us

thoughts?

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
the furher is helping everyone out with children...vote encouragement checks...plus the "billion" for buffalo...it makes him sound so great but he isn't doing anything .........

·
Banned
2,647 Posts
State workers ***** and moan but at the end they WILL vote democrat. They know who keeps their obscene pensions and salaries up. They are the lowest overpaid scums on Earth.

·
Registered
9,136 Posts
Yet another reason NOT to donate to these people, their groups or their fund drives!

Let them get what they deserve, nothing!

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
State workers ***** and moan but at the end they WILL vote democrat. They know who keeps their obscene pensions and salaries up. They are the lowest overpaid scums on Earth.
Bull. I do not know a single state worker that will vote Cuomo. Even hardened Democrats where were appointed by Cuomo have stated they are embarrassed to be Democrats and wont vote for him. They see the bull and lies from the second floor and are disgusted. He cut the state work force, refused to allow raises, made agencies go without contracts until the unions agreed to 0 to 1% raises for 2 years followed by minimal raises beyond that.

As to overpaid, they make 15 to 20% less than people with the same jobs in the private sector. They accept this because yes, they have a good benefit package. They were give packages when they went to work for the state.. At times when even the private sector was offering the same level or better packages. The private sector stopped offering good benefits. The state has adjusted accordingly and continues to. do you think it is fair to yank benefits after promised and given at employment time? State workers accepted lower pay to have those benefits.

My wife started with the state 26 years ago making 18K a year. She makes under 40K now. Nearly 20% of her pay goes to pay for our health plan. When she retires after 30 years, her retirement will be around $29K... She has been demoted due to cutbacks, re-promoted after 4 years. She is one of the hardest workers in her department and cannot get a promotion or performance raise. Promotions are though exams only and she is not a good test taker. Performance raises and bonuses do not exist.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
The local FD gets money from property taxes and then also runs all kinds of other " programs " to raise money for equipment and building maintainence. The last time I was in the building they had the soda machine " charging " for beer . Yep put your money in , push button , beer comes out . Now that's an interesting concept for raising cash !

·
Registered
9,136 Posts
The local FD gets money from property taxes and then also runs all kinds of other " programs " to raise money for equipment and building maintainence. The last time I was in the building they had the soda machine " charging " for beer . Yep put your money in , push button , beer comes out . Now that's an interesting concept for raising cash !
We had a beer machine when I went to College back in the 80's. It was a nice feature to the dorms.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Bull. I do not know a single state worker that will vote Cuomo. Even hardened Democrats where were appointed by Cuomo have stated they are embarrassed to be Democrats and wont vote for him. They see the bull and lies from the second floor and are disgusted. He cut the state work force, refused to allow raises, made agencies go without contracts until the unions agreed to 0 to 1% raises for 2 years followed by minimal raises beyond that.
My brother inlaw works for the state and he says all his coworkers hate Cuomo.

Lets say you're right and they won't vote for him. Will they vote against him or just not vote? That's the problem we might have. There are enough idiots and freeloaders in this state that will allow him to win again if there aren't enough votes for Astorino. It's not enough just to say "I won't vote for Cuomo" . If they hate him so much then they need to help us get rid of him.

·
Registered
5,053 Posts

As to overpaid, they make 15 to 20% less than people with the same jobs in the private sector. They accept this because yes, they have a good benefit package. They were give packages when they went to work for the state.. At times when even the private sector was offering the same level or better packages. The private sector stopped offering good benefits. The state has adjusted accordingly and continues to. do you think it is fair to yank benefits after promised and given at employment time? State workers accepted lower pay to have those benefits.

My wife started with the state 26 years ago making 18K a year. She makes under 40K now. Nearly 20% of her pay goes to pay for our health plan. When she retires after 30 years, her retirement will be around $29K... She has been demoted due to cutbacks, re-promoted after 4 years. She is one of the hardest workers in her department and cannot get a promotion or performance raise. Promotions are though exams only and she is not a good test taker. Performance raises and bonuses do not exist.
And these are reasons I left NYS DOT.
And here in the corporate world, every job since was a hundred times more difficult. Or should I say REQUIRED more work. My boss' boss used to come to me at 3:30 and ask why I'm still there. I worked until 3:40.
"Well everyone is lined up at the elevator and you could go fuel your state truck. By the time you got to your car it will be after 4:00"

**** that. Ethics anyone? Sounds like your wife is like me and got trapped. Not a bad thing at this point bro.

·
Registered
221 Posts
HEY!!

This State worker never voted Democrap

·
Registered
660 Posts
I don't know about all state workers,BUT my step son is a LT. @ suny, he makes more money on O.T. than my son in law earns in a week regular as a 20 year employer with Frito-lay.I really don't think state workers are over worked and under paid.

·
Registered
588 Posts
If you mean Lieutenant, University police are not your typical state worker, or union. There are very few state employees that are allowed overtime.

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
If you mean Lieutenant, University police are not your typical state worker, or union. There are very few state employees that are allowed overtime.
REally, like every single state trooper, dec agent, what ever other alphabet bet cop there is sucking off the taxpayer's teet?

·
Registered
7,542 Posts
my Uncle in law use to be a volunteer Fireman, he said regardless of what that "Ad" says, it's state law that the state MUST SUBSIDIZE fire depts.

why do you think little Podunk NY has a $10million dollar firehouse and brand new firetrucks., because the they asked for it and the state must supply it.

So AC is blowing smoke up everyones butt...as usual

·
Registered
588 Posts
REally, like every single state trooper, dec agent, what ever other alphabet bet cop there is sucking off the taxpayer's teet?
Yes Really, when you compare them to the rank and file state employee. Out of over 1000 state agencies, commissions, authorities, 4 law enforcment agencies to me would be a few.

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
Yes Really, when you compare them to the rank and file state employee. Out of over 1000 state agencies, commissions, authorities, 4 law enforcment agencies to me would be a few.
Cops and correction, works out to about %20 of the State employees, I'd hardly call that very few

·
Registered
756 Posts
Democrats will not vote for republicans, they feel that republicans are the devil. We can hope for a low democrap turnout and a high republican turnout.....this is the only way it can happen.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts