New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Giving away a MR. Beer brewing kit. Its a good introduction to brewing beer and a lot of fun.
Amazon.com: Mr. Beer Deluxe Edition Home Microbrewery System: Home & Kitchen

Just post to be entered!
Rules: first post as forum member must have been made prior to this karma.
Closes Friday July 20th at 11:59 pm
Drawing will by satuday 21st
Must be 21 to enter (to cover myself I will need a email of driver license with correct address to verify age or pistol permit).

good Luck!

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
What a great Karma item !
I'd never use it, so please don't include me, but very cool of you to do. :)

·
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One batch comes out to about a case if I remember correctly. Usually when I make mine I dont make anything less then 6% abv and usually around 9% lol.
If any of you are nervous about giving it a try, dont be! its a lot of fun and I can answer some of the questions that come up and also point you to a site that can answer all your questions big and small and usually pretty quick as well.

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
In please!

·
Registered
522 Posts
Sign me up.... yet another hobby im interested in

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Beer!

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
This is awesome (don't count me). I made beer for a long time, just recently stopped due to a few reason. I know waaaaaaaaaay too much about beer, so feel free to hit me up with questions. And just a little fyi, brewing is very addictive! THis is the progression, Make beer, enjoy it, get more stuff to make more, enjoy it even more, make 10 different styles with in your first month of brewing, realize there is sooo much to learn, buy better and better stuff, get in to it deep, enter a contest, win or place in the top 3, start thinking about all grain equipment, buy or make all grain equipment, think about a nano brewery, look into the requirement of doing such, at the same time start home kegging and get a dedicated fridge for brewing lagers and holding your kegged home brew. Month 3, realize you are a true artisan and life is good.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Hot Damn a BEER Karma!! I gotta get in on this and the drawing is the day before my 50th birthday! yall can give up right now boys. This one is MINE!! :cheers:

·
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This is awesome (don't count me). I made beer for a long time, just recently stopped due to a few reason. I know waaaaaaaaaay too much about beer, so feel free to hit me up with questions. And just a little fyi, brewing is very addictive! THis is the progression, Make beer, enjoy it, get more stuff to make more, enjoy it even more, make 10 different styles with in your first month of brewing, realize there is sooo much to learn, buy better and better stuff, get in to it deep, enter a contest, win or place in the top 3, start thinking about all grain equipment, buy or make all grain equipment, think about a nano brewery, look into the requirement of doing such, at the same time start home kegging and get a dedicated fridge for brewing lagers and holding your kegged home brew. Month 3, realize you are a true artisan and life is good.
Yea I think I have like 4 of the MR beer fermenters and two 5 gallons fermenters. I have a couple hundred glass bottles I think. I never got the kegs but was thinking about it. You will also find that you dont like waiting for the beer to be ready. The solution is to keep making beer so that way you always have something moving through the process and always having new beer to drink!

·
The artist formerly known as jhm8071
5,143 Posts
I'm in. You can be the first to try my Strawberry Blonde Ale that I'm putting in bottles tonight. It's my first beer. The two ciders I tried didn't turn out so great, so let's hope this one is better! I'm not sure if that is a good or bad thing to be the first to try.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Don't count me in but like a few others I am a home brewer and these kits are merely a gateway to bigger setups. I want a status checkin from the winner in 6 mos showing us his 6-5gallon fermenters.

Big thumbs up on.a great karma giveaway.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts