New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

· Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So here is the deal. I am sick and tired of people complaining about others prices on items.Many of the complainers are new people or people who have been on here but not posted much at all. Instead of taking the time to do this, why don't you write to your state Senator?!? The amount of Karma give away threads on here is incredible! This is a VERY giving community! Some of the people that are getting complaints about their prices have given things away on NYF,HAVE YOU? So stop hating on people trying to make a few bucks and start doing something about protecting our 2A rights!!!

Here is how it works. Write an email or letter to your state Senator and post it on this thread. If you do you will be entered in this Karma! I will not tell anyone else what to write to them, that is your choice. If you NEED help on how to write/say what you want to, I will be glad to help. You do not have to write to only state senators, you can write to any applicable politician that effects our rights and is in your voting area. If you were bashing people for selling their goods at "market price"...you should be the FIRST people to post your letter here and have a chance to win this pre ban USGI (internally dated) magazine. Here a link to the NYS Senators..... Senators | New York State Senate

To make the rules clear.... You have to have been a forum member before I posted this.
You have to post your letter on this thread to be entered.
Random drawing will be held on SUNDAY the 30th at time of my choice(might be early early Mon morning)
You must stop complaining about people selling things at "market price"
If you have already writen a letter/email and posted it on NYF, just copy it to this thread and your IN!

Happy Holidays everyone!:cool:

· Registered
2,130 Posts
I wrote this the other day to saland with not so much sleep during the entire week so I didn't word it too well

[recipient name was inserted here],

I am sending you this email to ask you to please oppose the legislation
that Governor Cuomo is trying to pass that would would ban and call for
the confiscation of "assault weapons" which have already been under a ban
since 1994 because New York State adopted the same Assault Weapons Ban
that was in effect nationally from September 14, 1994. Also in this
legislation he would now try to redefine the meaning of an "assault
weapon" to where the rifles that are currently legal and NYS compliant
would be illegal under the new legislation. In another piece of
legislation there is a move to reduce the capacity of ammunition feeding
devices which many refer to as magazines or even sometimes "clips" from 10
rounds to 7 rounds and remove the grandfather clause that allowed the
"Standard capacity" 30 round AR-15 magazines, and 15-19 round pistol
magazines made prior to the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban illegal. I just ask
that you please vote no on both of these. The AR-15 style rifles that they
are trying to ban and confiscate have many uses for civilians. Like myself
I use mine for target shooting, competition shooting including 3 gun, and
had I had the free time this year I would have used mine for hunting as
well. The rights of the law abiding citizens should not be infringed upon
because of the people who do not follow the laws and will continue to not
follow laws even if these pieces of legislation are passed. Thank you for
your time.

Sincerely,

Sean

· Registered
753 Posts
I didn't save the exact words, but here is what I put out there for my state representatives:

I enjoy hunting, fishing, and target shooting. As a human, a father, and grandfather, I am sickened by the killings in CT. I believe that we in NY already live with sufficiently restrictive regulations on what we can own and carry with respect to firearms, and that further restrictions will not make the people of this state safer. At election time, I vote for those who exhibit common sense, not the ones who seek to look good by "doing something" that will benefit no one.
Yours Truly,

· Registered
222 Posts
Dear Senator Skelos,

I am writing to you to voice my concerns in regards to some disturbing legislation that according to various senate democrats is working its way to the next senate session in 2013 in the name of 'gun control'. I am as outraged and upset as you are about the terrible and saddening events at the Sandy Hook Elementary School on December 14th; the whole horrible event is a blot on America. As bad as this event was, I feel it is outrageous that the senate and assembly democrats have jumped on this tragedy as a catalyst to build momentum and further enhance their agenda when it comes to removing guns from the hands of honest, law abiding New Yorkers. From what I have read some are proposing an even more draconian magazine ban (over 7 rounds), a stricter assault weapons ban (NY already has a very strict one), and most concerning of all: registration of long arms or even confiscation.

The laws in New York State or anywhere else for that matter would not have stopped Adam Lanza's terrible massacre, and I firmly believe that disarming the law abiding is un-American, unconstitutional and an egregious violation of my own, and all honest New Yorkers civil rights. Mr. Cuomo's suggestion that magazine's that hold over 7 rounds should be banned, is in all intents and purposes a defacto gun ban, and when coupled with a confiscation, no ability to transfer or sell, or even bequeath in a will to family member is unconscionable.

As you are well aware, New York State has had an assault weapons ban on the books since 1994 federally, and 2000 at the state level, which already bans new manufacture magazines that hold more than 10 rounds, and various semi-automatic "assault weapon" features such as flash hiders and collapsing stocks. Making something MORE illegal is nothing more than political grandstanding by those politicians that appear to be doing something, when in fact they are doing nothing at all. Semi-automatic rifles are the most popular recreational firearm in the United States, and the supreme court has ruled in Heller that firearms in common usage cannot be banned as this is settled law, and a clear violation of the second amendment of the constitution.

Surely the answer to preventing another massacre is not punishing the people that follow the law, but to improve the mental health system, and better the reporting to NICS. I personally support background checks for all gun sales, and I know New York State already has that law, but it doesn’t extend to private sales, this I think is a large loophole that should be looked into, rather than going after the easy, media friendly label "assault weapon".

I hope that if such legislation comes to the senate I can count on you to be a logical voice of reason the hysteria and yearly recurring gun banners from the New York City area who will try and enforce their idea of public control and disarmament to all of the good citizens of New York State.
Yours sincerely,

· Registered
6,222 Posts
Dear Senator Gillibrand:

As a law abiding gun owner of New York, I am very concerned with the impending gun legislation by Governor Cuomo and the Assembly.

Pre-ban magazines holding standard capacity (30 rounds) of bullets, manufactured before 1994 are presently "grand fathered" and legal to own in NY. Thousands of gun owners in NY State own these grand fathered magazines. Because we are a niche market living in one of the "assault weapon ban” states, we all had to pay premiums to obtain these legal pre-ban magazines (sometimes as much as $60 per magazine).

If the Governor and Assembly ban all military look-alike rifles, such as the AR15, and eliminate grandfather clauses, this would instantly make law abiding NY residents criminals. The AR15 is by far the most popular firearm in the United States today. These guns are used in shooting competitions and target shooting all over the state. AR15s are also used for hunting and prized by collectors.

I am asking that you oppose any registration of these firearms as well. There have been cases throughout history (in the US and abroad), where registration was a precursor to confiscation. I would feel uncomfortable if the government was keeping records of what is possessed by law abiding citizens.

The State can pass dozens of laws pertaining to gun control. This will not stop a criminal or a determined individual from committing atrocities. The killer in CT broke the first and most basic law and moral standard....murder. Micro stamping, confiscation, and limiting magazine capacities would not have prevented the tragedy in Connecticut. It is striking that a majority of these incidents occur in "gun free" zones. And of course, the reason for this is obvious.

We do not have a gun problem in New York State or the United States. We have moral decay occurring in this country, and I personally attribute that to liberal policies and the media’s glorification of these individuals. Thank you very much for your time on this important topic.

Sincerely,

X

(Another forum member posted this. I edited it a little bit. I've also posted on Cuomo, Schimel, and Bloomberg's Facebook pages regarding the topic. Feel free to use this letter.)

· Registered
6,222 Posts
What kills me is that these SOBs never even read them. I've had family members contacting these people as well and all we get is a generic "Thank You for your concern" e-mail.

Forgot to say Thank You for the karma fullmags.

· Registered
841 Posts
Senator Griffo -
I would urge you to oppose any new restrictions on any of our constitutional rights, including the very emotionally charged atmosphere revolving around our 2nd amendment.

After reading several FBI reports regarding the last AWB and how it had very little effect on gun violence, I don’t see how limiting the lawful citizens who decide to exercise their right would stop or reduce violent crime. Just by definition, the criminal won’t follow the law, I do.
Potential Solutions – A 5 year minimum mandatory sentence for criminals who have a gun, know as criminal possession of a weapon. A 10 year minimum mandatory sentence for a criminal who uses a weapon in a crime. The background checks work and I have no issue with going through a background check each and every time I purchase a firearm.

Thank you for your time Senator –

· Registered
2,028 Posts
What kills me is that these SOBs never even read them. I've had family members contacting these people as well and all we get is a generic "Thank You for your concern" e-mail.

I know my father wrote one right before the 94 ban. The senator did respond, but said something along the lines of "we need to make comprises for our safety, and that compromise starts with the ban of assault weapons".

· Registered
6,222 Posts
I know my father wrote one right before the 94 ban. The senator did respond, but said something along the lines of "we need to make comprises for our safety, and that compromise starts with the ban of assault weapons".
Wow, can't believe the senator actually responded...however ill conceived the response was..

· Registered
2,442 Posts
The following was sent to both Greg Ball and Steve Katz.

Please do NOT sign off on Governor Cuomo's new anti-gun agenda. The so called "assault weapon" is a lie spread by the liberal media. NOBODY owns an assault weapon, which is fully automatic. We may own semi-automatics that look the part, but they are not assault weapons.

Also how would reducing a magazine's capacity from 10 to 7 rounds prevent ANY crimes? This is all a knee-jerk reaction to a terrible tragedy, which could have quite possibly been avoided if someone was armed and could stop the assailant. Criminals target gun free zones!

Please...common sense solutions, not knee-jerk reactions.

Respectfully,
Name Redacted
Thank you fullmags for this opportunity and your generosity.

· Registered
5,116 Posts

I can't blame them as i BET the vast majority of the letters received are generic and penned by NRA, SCOPE, etc. and not changed by the person submitting. I like the fact that many on this site actually write their own!
ROCK ON.

· Registered
404 Posts
I wrote to Senator Carlucci

I did use Bob11 's post
As a law abiding gun owner of New York, I am very concerned with the impending gun legislation by Governor Cuomo and the Assembly.

Pre-ban magazines holding standard capacity (30 rounds) of bullets, manufactured before 1994 are presently "grand fathered" and legal to own in NY. Thousands of gun owners in NY State own these grand fathered magazines. Because we are a niche market living in one of the "assault weapon ban" states, we all had to pay premiums to obtain these legal pre-ban magazines (sometimes as much as $60 per magazine).

If the Governor and Assembly ban all military look-alike rifles, such as the AR15, and eliminate grandfather clauses, this would instantly make law abiding NY residents criminals. The AR15 is by far the most popular firearm in the United States today. These guns are used in shooting competitions and target shooting all over the state. AR15s are also used for hunting and prized by collectors.

I am asking that you oppose any registration of these firearms as well. There have been cases throughout history (in the US and abroad), where registration was a precursor to confiscation. I would feel uncomfortable if the government was keeping records of what is possessed by law abiding citizens.

The State can pass dozens of laws pertaining to gun control. This will not stop a criminal or a determined individual from committing atrocities. The killer in CT broke the first and most basic law and moral standard....murder. Micro stamping, confiscation, and limiting magazine capacities would not have prevented the tragedy in Connecticut. It is striking that a majority of these incidents occur in "gun free" zones. And of course, the reason for this is obvious.

We do not have a gun problem in New York State or the United States. We have moral decay occurring in this country, and I personally attribute that to liberal policies and the media's glorification of these individuals. Thank you very much for your time on this important topic.

Sincerely,

· Registered
15 Posts
Sent this to Sen. Ranzenhofer in the 61st District

Good Afternoon Senator,

My name is XXX and I am one of your constituents from XXX. The purpose of this email is to express my opinion on the hot topic of gun control.

I think that limiting the type of guns available such as assault style guns, or the size of a magazine to a smaller number of rounds, won't make New York or the country any safer. The incidents in Colorado and Connecticut are horrible tragedies, but to pinpoint the issue on guns, or a certain type of gun is not the answer. By banning these types of guns, I believe we will not see a decrease in these type of crimes. It is not the gun that is causing these tragedies, it's the people. Also, there are currently millions of these guns in the United States. It would be very difficult to take them out of circulation. Just like illegal drug usage, if someone has a strong enough drive to commit an illegal act, they will find a way. If a gun isn't available, they will move on to the next tool available.

Also, for the millions of people who enjoy using these guns legally for target shooting, home protection and hunting, it would be unfair to them to make them illegal. There is also an economic impact that needs to be considered. There are many companies that would be affected by a ban on these guns. Gun makers, ammunition makers, companies that make the targets, and also the local target shooting ranges that rely on consumers coming to their ranges and using their guns.

Thank you for your consideration in this delicate matter,

· Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
This Karma ends on Sunday.....Get in while you can. Instead of just complaining about prices and future/current laws, PLEASE take a few minutes and make a difference. If a free mag wont help motivate you...what will? Loosing your 2A rights???

· Registered
438 Posts
To the honorable Sen. Hugh T. Farley,

Sir, I am writing to you today to beg that you continue to support the gun rights and the 2nd Amendment guarantee's of those of us who continue to live in the great state of New York. We are all aware of the tragedy that took place in Sandy Hook, but none of the laws proposed by the Hon. Sen. Feinstein would have prevented this horrible event from happening.

As is so often the case, a liberal group has latched on to a tragic occurrence to further their own agenda which is an insult not only to the families of Sandy Hook, but an insult to all LAW ABIDING gun owners in this country. I beg of you to forcibly campaign against this proposed legislation and to uphold the tenants of the Constitution of the United States of America!

Sincerely,

My name here- :p

The message has been sent.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.