New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Clarence (Ranger1033), this is a special kind of Karma. You win! (if you want it).

I've got a spare tripod I thought your brother might be able to use with his photography. Just pm me an address if you want it.

Suggest any other NYF'rs pitch in if you have any spare photography equipment lying around that could be put to better use. Clarence is a good man and has been through more than most of us should have to deal with.

Hopefully this will help take your mind off the health issues for a little while. Get well soon bro.

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
Nice to see you posting.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I'm not sure if Ranger has any good editing software for his and his brother's photos but I had the idea that some of us could pitch in to get him a one year membership to Adobe's Creative Cloud for photographers. Last I checked it was $10 a month for the first year and he would have access to Photoshop and Lightroom (some other program as well but I forget) plus any updates that are released in over the year. It all depends on if he has a computer that will run it since most everything Adobe these days is 64 bit.

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not sure if Ranger has any good editing software for his and his brother's photos but I had the idea that some of us could pitch in to get him a one year membership to Adobe's Creative Cloud for photographers. Last I checked it was $10 a month for the first year and he would have access to Photoshop and Lightroom (some other program as well but I forget) plus any updates that are released in over the year. It all depends on if he has a computer that will run it since most everything Adobe these days is 64 bit.
I've got October through March covered ($60). Paypal to Clarence I assume and he can take care of the details on his own? Great idea and thanks for posting! Just let me know how to settle up or I can throw some cash in with the tripod when I get the address...

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
This is why you can't leave... if you do, the good you do leaves with you.

If you need anything photog related, post what you need and i will have a look at what i can scrounge up.

·
Registered
630 Posts
One Canon EF 35-80 f/4+5.6 AF lens is now on it's way to Ranger's house!!

·
Registered
630 Posts
I've got another one around here somewhere that's 80-165 mm (or something like that) and as soon as I can find the friggin' thing it's also headed Ranger's way. Rather annoyed that I can't find it though :(

·
Registered
630 Posts
Awesome squared.
I just figured I would give them to someone that would get use out of them and have some quality family time to boot. He'll appreciate them more than a pawn shop will, lol!

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
As a quick aside, hockey season is starting up again and try outs are tonight. So wife calls me yesterday around 5 pm and says my boy's skates don't fit. Ugh. Hockey Equipment & Gear | Hockey Sticks & Skates | Ice Hockey Helmets & Gloves | HockeyMonkey.com and $60 in overnight shipping to the rescue. $300 skates for $129 including a $100 pair of gloves. Skates come today and wife tells me the gloves are too small. I said donate them to the hockey program so a younger kid who doesn't have nice gloves can use them. She says she wants to try to sell them on Craig's list. Whatever... Just don't get this mentality and coming from my own wife, lol...

Carry on...

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
Goodness guys I do not know what to say but Thank You all so much from the bottom of my Heart for the gifts and how much you all mean to me.Words can not say enough..

Clarence

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
You deserve the karma Clarence your good people. I can understand how you feel. I hit a wall(not really) at 40. Back surgery, knee surgery, nerve damage in the foot, lung disease. Fun stuff. All we can do is the best we can do and try to spread just a little happiness in the world. Keep up your spirits.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Some other things Clarence and/or his brother might find handy.

1. Lens caps - They're a dime a dozen until you need one, then they are priceless! Common sizes are 52 mm, 55 mm, and 72 mm.
2. SD cards - Clarence's camera uses SD cards as do most except the high end models. I recommend class 10 and Sandisk or Transcend for the brand but it doesn't have to be these exact specs since he's not shooting wedding photos or something for someone.
3. Lens filters - UV filters are always good. Polarizer filters are great for getting rid of reflections and adding a bit of saturation. Star filters for that ever cool lighting effect and Fader ND (neutral density) filters so he could shoot at a narrow depth of field even on a bright sunny day.
4. Camera bags/carrying cases - For not only the camera body but lenses as well.

Just a few things I can think of off the top of my head that if anyone has laying around and doesn't use could give it to Ranger.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
I wish I had some camera crap to donate, but as I am just getting going myself I will wish you good luck and send some feels your way. I might be able to toss in some money but that check hasn't shown up yet.

To be honest I'm kind of wondering if it will or not, maybe I was wrong and maybe I am not getting it.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Just checked the tracking number and Ranger should have a package waiting on his doorstep for him!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts