New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had a conversation with Sheriff Tom Mills of Delaware County. We are very fortunate to have him as our sheriff. He is very concerned about the new law on a number of levels, but my question for him was: Does a stripped lower constitute an AW? And, in regesitering your firearm, if you happened to have one, which I do not any longer, as of the passage of this law, do you have to register all of the uppers that you have when you register the lower? I explained that I thought that, from my understanding, that a stripped lower does not consistute an AW because it does not carry any of the AW features. He thinks that is right. The other issue, he did not have an answer for. He is having the person he uses for firearms questions contact me to go over my questions. He is a good man stuck having to deal with this aweful, misguided legislation. I'll post an update after I have some answers.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Great question, and forgive me to drafting on your post. Are stripper-clips with 10 rounds now illegal. Some 5.56 ammo comes that way (on strippers) and it's usually 10-rounds per clip. Would someone who bought that kind of ammo from Walmart (not that I have) be required to remove rounds from the stripper-clips?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good question. I have stripper clips for my garand. If you ask them they will tell you "no", because they don't know the difference between a clip and a mag. Just my guess on their response. They'll say 7 and no more.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
5.56 ammo that sportsman's guide recently sold was on stripper clips. And sealed in plastic....IF I were to have any, I would not ruin the plastic seal to remove the stripper clips. That's like saying you can't sell boxes of ammo with more than 7 rounds in it...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts