New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
8,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw a very interesting interview with one of the jurors on CNN. I really wanted to hear this. It was eye opening. She was blacked out. She says that she believes TM started the fight and threw the first punch, she believes it was GZ screaming, she says she thinks GZ was fully justified in defending himself at the time that he did. She said it did not matter whether TM reached for the gun, GZ already had the right to defend himself. She says she believes that GZ had his "heart in the right place." It is an AC360 exclusive interview. She thought he was in the right place at the right time and TM looked suspicious and he just took it too far because he was too frustrated with all the robberies. But she thought he was trying to do the right thing.

She also stated that they all found GZ was very credible, and that his story was pretty consistent. Sounds like all of the other jurors agreed with her. Very interesting. She also says the initial vote when they first went into the jury box was 3 to acquit, 3 for second degree murder or manslaughter.

So you guys saying you believe GZ was telling the truth, the jury agrees with you. I never said whether I agreed with you or not on the facts, only that I thought he lied about two key things so his credibility was suspect, and that he should not be convicted. She stated they thought the lies were embellishments but that they believed his story overall. They thought the lies were not important. I found that part interesting. But I have never been able to interview any of my juries. It was very interesting to hear how they operated in the jury room.

·
Registered
8,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Still on, she was crying several times. You guys should watch it. I can't stand CNN or Anderson Cooper but he got the interview. It is juror B-37.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I don't believe he grabbed for the gun honestly. I think hands were going everywhere - it was way too dark for him to see the gun. I think his hands ended up at GZ's side and GZ knowing that the gun was there was like 'oh @#$%'. So I believe that GZ *thinks* that TM was reaching for his gun but actually didn't.

I fully believe that TM said to GZ 'you're gonna die tonight' though. But as a way to intimidate him.

·
Registered
8,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I don't believe he grabbed for the gun honestly. I think hands were going everywhere - it was way too dark for him to see the gun. I think his hands ended up at GZ's side and GZ knowing that the gun was there was like 'oh @#$%'. So I believe that GZ *thinks* that TM was reaching for his gun but actually didn't.

I fully believe that TM said to GZ 'you're gonna die tonight' though. But as a way to intimidate him.
Maybe I have had too many lying scumbags in my office that I just can't give him credibility without corroboration when he lies about key facts. I really am still on the fence about how the fight started. See why you don't want lawyers on the jury!

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Maybe I have had to many lying scumbags in my office that I just can't give him credibility without corroboration when he lies about key facts. I really am still on the fence about how the fight started. See why you don't want lawyers on the jury!
Oh I totally get it. But if GZ approached gun drawn, there absolutely would have been some of TM's DNA on it as they struggled for it. So I don't buy that.

Based upon the phone call, I fully believe he was walking back across the T. Now did he purposely embellish things or did he simply *think* some things? Perhaps both, but I don't think he's that calculating and devious. It just doesn't seem his character based upon his history....including his arrest and OOP. Those were bogus IMO.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
It's just as the defense said .....this was a very simple case of self-defense, considering the evidence and florida law.

·
Registered
8,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Rachael Jeantel on blow hard Peirs Morgan right now. What a classy speaker she is. "We don't call it marijuana, we call it weed in my area, in my area, weed don't make him go crazy, it make him go hungry." How much weed did he smoke? Twice a week. Is that normal for teenagers in your neighborhood? Yes.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Rachael Jeantel on blow hard Peirs Morgan right now. What a classy speaker she is. "We don't call it marijuana, we call it weed in my area, in my area, weed don't make him go crazy, it make him go hungry." How much weed did he smoke? Twice a week. Is that normal for teenagers in your neighborhood? Yes.
Who translated for you? =)

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Did I miss the part when Luke Skywalker saves Leia, C3PO and gets Solo from the Carbonite??

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
I had to endure that dooooosh Cooper, but I watched it.

Great to see that there are people out there that couldn't be controlled by the race baiting media, and their puppet masters.

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
CNN has an article posted summarizing what the juror stated. She also believed Zimmerman made a terrible judgment call by stepping out of his vehicle, going against the advice given by the 911 dispatcher. They did not appear to think of GZ as innocent in the debacle, but when it came down to it, he was defending himself. I've never disagreed with that, and I've never doubted that both TM and GZ were morons. GZ is also a bad liar, but when the only other corroborator of the story is dead, lie away I suppose.

Interesting that the jury was 3-3. I initially thought hung jury, but I'm betting the juror who was interviewed did some convincing of the other jurors. Her husband is an attorney, so she would have understood the legal arguments better than the others, and I'm betting her husband had some influence on her decision.

If you don't want to listen to Andersen, you can read a summary here:

Juror: 'No doubt' that Zimmerman feared for his life - CNN.com

·
Registered
8,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I still can't believe anyone tried to say it was trayvon screaming for help

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Looks to me like the media is hoping to engender protests of greater intensity, which also conveys their lack of voracity (as if we needed another example).

It must have broken Cooper's heart to hear a juror speaking the truth, contrary to that erroneous pro TM narrative CNN, MSNBC, NBC, CBS, and ABC had been pushing over the past year.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Looks to me like the media is hoping to engender protests of greater intensity, which also conveys their lack of voracity (as if we needed another example).

It must have broken Cooper's heart to hear a juror speaking the truth, contrary to that erroneous pro TM narrative CNN, MSNBC, NBC, CBS, and ABC had been pushing over the past year.
...................yep....juror b37 FLOORED these people.....and they want riots

1 - 20 of 67 Posts