New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it took just 4 weeks for me to receive permit in mail from Livingston County. I have a question about getting purchase coupons. In the pamphlet that came with permit it says that permit holders are required to have Brady check every 5 years(can be done at Sherriffs office) to get purchase coupons. Do I have to get Brady check before I can get coupons?

· Registered
5,426 Posts
Congrats, my county and the neighboring one I have heard are super relaxed about permits and adding/transferring too, apparently you can just call up my counties permit clerk and she'll amend it over the phone, don't know for sure yet though, still waiting for mine.

· Registered
698 Posts
So what ya getting?

· Registered
202 Posts
Congrats!! And I thought Wayne was quick on permits.

Stay safe!
No doubt, I thought 5 weeks for mine was fast!!!

Going to go in the morning. Just need to decide how many.
Umm, as many as you can get?!!
How does this coupon deal work out, can you pick up your pistol the same day you buy it?

Congrats on the fast turnaround!

· Registered
869 Posts
No doubt, I thought 5 weeks for mine was fast!!!

Umm, as many as you can get?!!
How does this coupon deal work out, can you pick up your pistol the same day you buy it?

Congrats on the fast turnaround!
You can get as many as you want and they are good until your five year nics check is due. And yes you can take your pistol home with you when you buy it... Just have to go to the clerks within ten days to have it added to your permit...

· Registered
202 Posts
You can get as many as you want and they are good until your five year nics check is due. And yes you can take your pistol home with you when you buy it... Just have to go to the clerks within ten days to have it added to your permit...
Sounds like a good system, much more convenient than making trips back and forth between the store and Clerk's office... and waiting.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.