New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got got back from PA where I picked up this gem. It's a 1979 checkmate exciter 18'6". Has a 200hp Merc Laser XRI on it. Got a labbed 26 pitch stainless steel prop for it. Boat has an updated gps speedo in it and im told it will run 75-76 this time of year with the cool weather and about 72 in the summer. Should be a lot of fun. Shame its about time to put it away in 2-3 weeks already :-(

Quick video of it running because it just sounds ohhh sooo goooodddddd
[video]http://vid570.photobucket.com/albums/ss144/Wildman1988/Checkmate/EngineRun_zpsc4d594ae.mp4[/video]

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Nice ride. I dig the seats. Now is the time to get those end of year deals where people are looking to unload rather than store.

·
Banned
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice ride. I dig the seats. Now is the time to get those end of year deals where people are looking to unload rather than store.
I picked it up for a good price but not cause of winter. Guy's family owned it for last 30 years and family has grown and they outgrew it and got a bigger boat.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Didnt know you had that kind of strength. Do you turn green?

You got another thousand to bust out?

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Enjoy congrats!!!

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Great deal. Good luck with it!

·
Registered
7,542 Posts
Break Out Another Thousand

we had a 26' aft cabin for years, 5.7L merc with a Bravo III overdrive. We went all over Lake Ontario from Niagara-on-the-Lake to Kingston and everything in between. Im not kidding when when I tell you that in 1997 our alcohol bill was larger than our fuel bill....We use to just motor out to Duran Eastman in 4' of water and sit there and drink and party all day long, around 4 or 5pm we would pull up anchor and motor to the Genesee River for dinner. We had a blast with that boat and we made many, many friends boating.

I can't tell how excited and delighted I was to sell that boat. I was ecstatic, I almost cried I was so happy to get rid of that thing.

Now I have the love of my life, a 1985 16' aluminum with a 1984 25hp Evenrude that has NEVER let me down or left me stranded.

Good luck with the boat, I love boating but it is one every expensive life style

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Hope you got that beast out this weekend. It was gorgeous, perfect weekend to be on the water.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts