New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just left military service and am now back home. God I missed Buffalo. Now it's time to apply for my permit.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Welcome home. Thanks for doing what you did.

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
Welcome back and to the forum! Thank you for your service.

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Welcome home and good luck. Thanks for your service; its still very much appreciated by tens of millions despite what the media and "Occupiers" would have you believe.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Glad your back! Tell us how long it takes for your permit to go through.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Welcome back! Well you made it back before the snow started, at least you'll have a few days of sunshine and decent weather.

I say this from the heart Sir, in my eyes you are a true American Hero. God Bless you, Thank You for your service and sacrifice and Welcome Home!

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Good luck on the permit. In Colonie I am getting totally hosed around for being a vet and not having the "correct" copies of my dd214. Hope you don;t get this crap.! And welcome home man. I spent the first year back looking out a window as soon as I woke up every day to see trees and normal colors instead of tan everything. ~J. Murphy

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
Thanks for your service, sorry you had to come back to Buffalo, welcome home.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Welcome home brother peti officer 1st class glase here, the best thing you should do is to take you 4 hr nra coarse here in hamburg where i took mine in march i was given the application , help flling it out each question adressed. checkmark carry concealed right away. you also get your picturse taken you will get 4 but the ppo at 92 franklin only wants 2. you get everything for $50 after i finaly researched and found four good refeances its not that easy i included a girl micro bioligist from childrens, a verizon tech, a car salesman , and a property invester / owner of car dealership. i kept close contact with them as soon a one got back to me that they have been contacted by the sheiffs deptment i called the other three right away

·
Registered
132 Posts
Finaly the same day th sheiff called me for a personal interview he asked quests. like do you use illicit drugs, do how do you use alcohol, i had to tell him im disabled because i got hurt in 03 and on disability and i am on pain meds since so the last question was why do you need a concealed carry, i went on to explain that in the past i have been attacked my truck broken into where my handicap tag was stolen, and my injury left me unable to escape any self defence senario because my legs dont alo me to move fast. but the most important thing is your referances in my opinion get there cell phone numbers on the application , because thats how all including me the sheiff contacked us by i submitted my app. on 6~1~11 interview on 9~2~11 and nov. 3rd i was aproved i researched the process for months before i submitted the app. good luck any quetions pm me.jonathan

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thank you all and thank you for the tips, I'll be contacting those who offered help when I finish my course and start the paperwork.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts