New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
H&Ks are pretty good at digesting anything you toss at them; mine eat up Winchester white box and UMC equally well. If you're speaking for self-defense, Gold Dot 115gr. or Golden Saber 124gr. The VP9 is still pretty new so you may need to experiment a little, but those are a good place to start.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Same response as your post on the FNX. You know you don't need certain ammo for certain guns right? 9mm is 9mm.

·
Registered
740 Posts
I would put everything through it: steel cased, aluminum case, and whatever brass cased fmj I could find. Then I would go through a box of your choice of self defense ammo to make sure it feeds properly. I like Federal HST.

What are your impressions of the VP9?

Maybe H&K will make a VP45....

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I would put everything through it: steel cased, aluminum case, and whatever brass cased fmj I could find. Then I would go through a box of your choice of self defense ammo to make sure it feeds properly. I like Federal HST.

What are your impressions of the VP9?

Maybe H&K will make a VP45....
I'm now waiting more for the VP9C; a G19-sized VP9 for the same price would find its way into my collection quite rapidly.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
The VP9 should eat anything.. It wasn't purpose built like the USP or P30, but it's an HK after all.

If you do feed it some JHP's, let us know how it goes. Had my hands on a VP9 a coupe weeks ago, and noticed the feed ramp looks very steep. None the less it ate everything we fed it.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
I'm now waiting more for the VP9C; a G19-sized VP9 for the same price would find its way into my collection quite rapidly.
A VP9c if it was P2000-sized would be great. A VP45 would also be great. But, a VP45c is what I really want. Like an HK45c given the VP treatment, that would be my new carry gun. Could share mags with my HK45 and wouldn't be gimped by NY laws.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts