New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my girlfriend came over to my apartment today for the first time (we've been dating for a week or two). She ended up going into my room and seeing my gun cabinet.

She asks "Oh youre into guns and stuff?"

I kinda give her a blank stare (How the hell didnt she see all the pro gun stickers on my car?) and reply, "Yeah. Kinda one of my main hobbies." then, fearing the worst, i ask, "You okay with that?" she's kind of a flower child in a lot of ways so i was scared a little.

She says, "Yeah, I think guns are cool. My dad shoots pistols and hunts deer."

So with that i let out a big sigh of relief and forget the whole "Hey, babe, i dont think this is gonna work out" speech i was about to give.

So around 4pm we go over to her parents house so i can meet her family, and the first thing i smell is Hoppes. Her dad was in the kitchen trying to pull the whole "See this gun? touch my daughter and i'll kill you" thing on me! LOL!
He was kinda shocked when i walked in, and before he got a word out, I say, "Nice Ruger GP-100 you have there, sir, I'm Ray. That's a .357 right?"

After the shock wore off, he shook my hand with a smile and goes, "You bet it is, young man!" he then turned to his daughter and goes, "Holy S***! You got a good one!"

The entire night we just talked about guns, hunting and the stupidity of the SAFE Act. He showed me his "gun room" where he reloads and has his safe and the like. I kinda feel bad cause i think i said like two sentences to her mom, but i think it is safe to say i have a new best friend cause half way through dinner my phone dinged and when i checked later, he had sent me a friend request!

In case you cant tell, I'm friggin pumped!

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I wouldn't feel bad about the mom. I haven't said that much to my in laws in the 12 years I've known them lol. Man I'm jealous my in laws hobbies are toy trains and talking crap about all the family members that didn't show up yet.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Waiting for someone to ask if she has a sister. Nice catch!
Only child, im afraid! I'm the first guy she has brought home. LOL.

BTW, i did ask if he was on this site, he said since ammo has become illegal to buy online, he only uses it for facebook. I'm one of his 27 friends. LOL.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
Sounds like you found a keeper. Congrats.

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
Are you talking about the girl or her dad?
Sounds like both. lol

My first wife could out shoot me. My daughter is a great shot and has her own gun collection. Range time will tell if she is a keeper, if not you always have her dad as a new shooting buddy.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
:|

Stick to your guns said:
Just got lucky
:)

So my girlfriend came over to my apartment today for the first time(we've been dating for a week or two).
:D
Stick to your guns said:
She ended up going into my room and
:drool:

Stick to your guns said:
seeing my gun cabinet.

She asks "Oh youre into guns and stuff?"

I kinda give her a blank stare (How the hell didnt she see all the pro gun stickers on my car?) and reply, "Yeah. Kinda one of my main hobbies." then, fearing the worst, i ask, "You okay with that?" she's kind of a flower child in a lot of ways so i was scared a little.

She says, "Yeah, I think guns are cool. My dad shoots pistols and hunts deer."

So with that i let out a big sigh of relief and forget the whole "Hey, babe, i dont think this is gonna work out" speech i was about to give.

So around 4pm we go over to her parents house so i can meet her family, and the first thing i smell is Hoppes. Her dad was in the kitchen trying to pull the whole "See this gun? touch my daughter and i'll kill you" thing on me! LOL!
He was kinda shocked when i walked in, and before he got a word out, I say, "Nice Ruger GP-100 you have there, sir, I'm Ray. That's a .357 right?"

After the shock wore off, he shook my hand with a smile and goes, "You bet it is, young man!" he then turned to his daughter and goes, "Holy S***! You got a good one!"

The entire night we just talked about guns, hunting and the stupidity of the SAFE Act. He showed me his "gun room" where he reloads and has his safe and the like. I kinda feel bad cause i think i said like two sentences to her mom, but i think it is safe to say i have a new best friend cause half way through dinner my phone dinged and when i checked later, he had sent me a friend request!

In case you cant tell, I'm friggin pumped!
:|

xP

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
Sigh....some guys just have all the luck.

Where can I find a woman like that?

·
Registered
4,835 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
You can have his daughter for a dowry (sp) of 5,000 rds of .22lr and 1,000 rds of 5.56 62gr AP! No longer need cows or chickens!

Good catch. Pics or it didn't happen!

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
I'm glad you and her dad get along, but how do you get along with her?

Some girls want a guy just like dad, and other want a guy nothing like dad...

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
I am sure there is a Girl Friend / Gun Rack joke in there somewhere, but i will just drop it!

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
good for you man... hope it all works out for you in the long run.

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
If her dad has any .22lr you'd better propose this weekend.

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
You can have his daughter for a dowry (sp) of 5,000 rds of .22lr and 1,000 rds of 5.56 62gr AP! No longer need cows or chickens!

Good catch. Pics or it didn't happen!
Of the girl or her dad's gun collection?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts