New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took a road trip to visit friends up in New Hampshire. While up there got a chance to visit a local range my friend frequents. They had class 3 rentals!!!!!!!!:cute: So I was going through the selections with the gentleman working the counter and settled on a suppressed H&K MP5. He kinda chuckled a bit when I asked if "it's a real can" or just for show. He responded with dude this is New Hampshire. All in all it was a great time burned through more ammo in an hour then I ever have before. The range and shop were kinda on the small side but the selection was ginormous, they rivaled or beat all gun shops iv seen in NY with just half the space. Suffice to say I'm in negotiations with the wife to pack up and head north, but that's a hard sell. ;)

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Was up there last week myself doing some hiking (and scoping out land to buy). In many ways, it's a different world.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I also went hiking, rolled my ankle over, and am now in a walking cast

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's one of my targets at 10 yards 3 round burst

Attachments

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
I also went hiking, rolled my ankle over, and am now in a walking cast
Oh man, that sucks. Easy to do on the "trails" up there, nothing but rocks. It didn't happen on Moosilauke did it? I overheard another hiker mention about someone hobbling back down on an injured ankle.

·
R.I.P. to our friend PY-3-21-2016
5,474 Posts
A place where pistol grips and flash hiders are on the rifles and standard capacity magazines are sold in blister packs from peg board displays?
Surely this cannot be.... For there must be a homicidal maniac behind every tree and bush.
How oh how could anyone be safe there?

·
Registered
323 Posts
My GF and I just recently purchased a house, and before we made that decision I looked long and hard on where to move if we had the choice to move out of NY. In the end, we couldn't justify it (family and friends here), but it's still in the back of my mind. NH came in at the top choice for us to go to though. Check this out when you get a chance:

https://freestateproject.org/

·
Registered
90 Posts
Sounds like I should put it on my list of places to visit.:)

·
Registered
27 Posts
I went to Maine last month and saw all kinds of magazines for sale. They even had 25-round 10/22 mags by the hundreds. I thought about it, but would never buy them because they're illegal in NY

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Iv read all about the free state project and hopefully it's doing some good up there. All though they did pass a no cell phone law recently

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh man, that sucks. Easy to do on the "trails" up there, nothing but rocks. It didn't happen on Moosilauke did it? I overheard another hiker mention about someone hobbling back down on an injured ankle.
No we were in Weeks Woods near Gilford & Laconia. It was either a rock or a root and happened just after I got done telling my son to pick his feet up or he will trip. What does dad know?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I went to Maine last month and saw all kinds of magazines for sale. They even had 25-round 10/22 mags by the hundreds. I thought about it, but would never buy them because they're illegal in NY
I saw regular capacity Glock mags and the thought crossed my mind but when could I ever use them except in a SHTF scenario.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
We Drag Race at Epping NH. My favorite drag strip in the northeast. Great people great racing surface. We will be there again this Saturday for the 12th this Sundays race. Great place to go.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Used to go up to New Boston and Stratford hollow for Class 3 shoots.My buddy and I let loose on many rounds of ammo there.Always called it "Free America".

·
Registered
367 Posts
I don't think it made anything but the local news, but a young man got caught with a 25 round mag for a 10/22 in Monticello, NY last year. I know he got jail time, but am not sure how long.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts