New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, went to my interview and they went over my paper work, initial some of the questions that were on the questionnaire, took finger prints and a picture, then my investigator asked me more question about what are you going to do with the pistol. they gave me papers for my references to do a character reference questionnaire must be notarized and sent back to SCPD...outta there in 1/2 hour not bad...now we wait for 4-6 months they said and the saga continues...

· Registered
71 Posts
did you apply for unrestricted? if so how did you answer the question for what you were going to do with it, if you dont mind me asking? im wondering for when i apply for my upgrade not that im going to use your answer just trying to broaden my horizons

· Registered
14,520 Posts
did you apply for unrestricted? if so how did you answer the question for what you were going to do with it, if you dont mind me asking? im wondering for when i apply for my upgrade not that im going to use your answer just trying to broaden my horizons
suffolk will not issue unrestricted unless you can prove that you are either ex LE or a victim of gang violence (repeatedly) and the "female" that typically answers the phone is extremely adamant about that. I recently helped one friend put his suffolk paperwork together, and tried to help another go for unrestricted and the phone conversation was almost at the point of aggression (on the females part) when he asked about the process for unrestricted.

and to the original poster, when did you submit your paperwork. my buddy turned his in back in early august if i remember right and he hasnt had his call yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.