New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I just bought a supernova and noticed the smooth bore has no way to mount a scope on this what would be a good way to mount some sort of sight on this firearm ?? I really do not have the tools to drill and tap it out for a rail is there another way ??

· Registered
2,913 Posts
A Supernova isn't really made for hunting.....About the only way is to take it so a Gunsmith and have the receiver drilled and tapped....

· Registered
2,913 Posts
Does it have the tapped holes on the receiver? I have the supernova tactical and it is tapped for rails etc.

if not maybe you can use the Nova bracket. See below

B-Square Shotgun Saddle Mount 1 Rings Benelli Nova 12 Ga Matte
The Nova and Supernova are two different shotguns......The Supernova "Tactical" you have is drilled and tapped......The standard Supernova he has is not drilled and tapped, hence taking it to a Gunsmith.....

· Registered
432 Posts
The Nova and Supernova are two different shotguns......The Supernova "Tactical" you have is drilled and tapped......The standard Supernova he has is not drilled and tapped, hence taking it to a Gunsmith.....
Ok so on the standard supernova he can probably use the base above. It is a bolt on piece that he can install himself and remove at any point.

· Registered
2,913 Posts
Ok so on the standard supernova he can probably use the base above. It is a bolt on piece that he can install himself and remove at any point.
Yes......AFTER he has the receiver drilled and tapped......Like I said twice above a standard Supernova is NOT drilled and tapped !

· Registered
432 Posts
The type of mount that I am saying does not need any type of drilling or tapping...

it is a base that goes around the receiver and it clips to the factory trigger assembly pin holes. You just replace the pins with longer ones that are provided. See link below. It has a photo of a nova with the base mounted. It takes 3-5 minutes to complete...

SADDLE STYLE SHOTGUN MOUNTING SYSTEMS FOR

drilling and tapping allows for a lighter base yes. But the other saddle style mount is a great solution for someone who does not want to modify their gun.

· Registered
2,913 Posts
I am waving the white flag on this one....LOL........Good luck OP !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.