New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is kinda old, so some may have seen it before, but I'm sure that many have not.

Innogun's Hybrid pump action / single shot double rifle! - The Firearm Blog

You could have a break-action 12 GA over 5-round magazine-fed, pump action 308 Winchester! (among other combinations)

I'd cut 3 inches off the barrel (note: that article has the lengths switched) to get the lower barrel down to 16.6" and the AOL down to 37" (or maybe less depending on whether you could comfortably shorten the stock, too.)

It's heavy, though, but that's one serious "get the f**k out of my house" barrel set to be looking into.

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
IMO too complex to justify the investment. But some folks might find a practical applicaiton for it.
In reality if you are in range of considering a shotgun most likely you are in range to use a big and efficient slug behind any shotgun load.

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
thats kinda cool, i could imagine a 12ga single shot upper with a mag fed .308 lower. i think it looks pretty nice too.

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
I'd want a 12ga slug upper and a .22LR lower to take out those pesky squirrels that won't leave me alone while deer hunting.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Maybe for grizzly. When the rifle round doesn't take him down, you have another chance when he charges ya!

·
Registered
432 Posts
I like the comment left on the article:

I grew up hunting in Wisconsin. The terrain in most of the area was cornfields (lots of birds) and wood lots (squirrels). When I went squirrel hunting I used a .22 since I didn't like piking shot out of my stew, and would use a shotgun for pheasant etc. (tasty enough to pick out the shot!).
It would never fail that when armed for squirrels I'd see mostly pheasant, and see dozens of squirrels when pheasant hunting. I
finally bought Savage combo w/ a 22 mag in the upper barrel and a 20 gauge.
Now I don't see a damn thing....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts