New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have theirs? I figured for $30 for 3 years, it would save me some money in transfer fees in the long run. I am a bit hesitant sending in a form to the ATF and my local Sheriff, I've always tried to stay off the radar a bit, but I think it'll be worth it.

Anything I should look out for before I send it off? I read over a couple "How-to" web pages and found this one pretty good: Getting a C&R FFL 03 License

I read the sticky a long time ago, I better give it another run through before I stuff these letters in an envelope..

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Make sure you put the right forms in the right envelopes. ;)

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Welcome to the (collector) dark side, that link you posted is the best how-to going. Many of us here have our C&R and that piece of paper has cost a lot of us mucho dinero.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Just make sure you filled out every line that you needed to. It pays for itself after the first transaction.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not sure about my prior addresses, in an effort to make them fit, I just have street address and zip code. I only have 3 addresses in the past 5 years so they fit, but I guess I should really attach an additional page.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Applied and got mine in less than a month....and since gotten a 1951 Radom M44, a 1944 Ishevsk, a 1933 Tula Hex, A Yugo 59/66, a Sino-Soviet SKS, a National Match Garand, and a Mosin Sniper......most expensive 30 bucks I have ever spent

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
This^

x2! Those babies are AWESOME shooters.

Bonus points of you can find me a reasonably priced bayo for the K31

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Dropped off my paperwork 2 weeks ago!!...i am so excited for the money to roll out of my bank account....all in order to save that 40$ ffl fee right? haha im so screwed

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
oooh pretty....much nicer then the other ones i have seen and handled at my LGS...did you refinish the stock?

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
oooh pretty....much nicer then the other ones i have seen and handled at my LGS...did you refinish the stock?
No, that's the original finish on the walnut stock. I have one with a beech stock, not quite as nice as the walnut one due to the wood being softer but she is a blonde so that makes up for a lot.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
I have the paperwork printed for the C&R, I should get it filled out and send it off as well. I printed the application a couple of months ago and put it on the back burner, I could of used it if I had it and saved a few bucks on some of my purchases.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts