New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope it doesn't take a year just to hear them say "No." Especially after paying $100 for the stupid fingerprints.

There is absolutely no reason they should decline it but the lady at the County Clerk's office did say that it would be several months before it would be approved or denied.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Just things about all the research you will doing on what will be your first pistol or revolver. Good luck and just be patient, it will come!

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Had my interview with the NYS Investigator on Sunday at 2pm. He told me I could start shopping for a handgun. All my refs checked out and I'm good to go. He said he had to get it in front of a judge to sign off on it but that I was basically approved. He said that I owed the speed of this application to a trooper friend of mine that I also used as a ref.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hmm...It actually says on the back that it's for transport of the firearm to and from fishing, trapping and sporting events. It does not say that I can carry this where allowed.

What the f&ck man...

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Hmm...It actually says on the back that it's for transport of the firearm to and from fishing, trapping and sporting events. It does not say that I can carry this where allowed.

What the f&ck man...
You probably got a "sportsman" type restriction.
I'm assuming you filled out a section for reasoning need an unrestricted carry. Any particular reasons you put down?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.