New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Can a .223/5.56 round fit and function flawlessly? If not, and the mag is marked for .50 Beowulf, then you should be safe.

-Cossey under JVG's name.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can a .223/5.56 round fit and function flawlessly? If not, and the mag is marked for .50 Beowulf, then you should be safe.

-Cossey under JVG's name.
Its the same exact thing as a 30 round .223/5.56 mag it just says .50 beowolf and that its a 10 round mag on it

·
Registered
95 Posts
It would be legal right up to the point where you load .223/5.56 rounds into it, then it no longer is.

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
Those have a special follower and feed center stack so not the same thing precisely. What do need them for the Beowulf? just buy one of the followers for the Beowulf and make sure you cannot feed more than 10 rds. That is the maximum in NY. There is no guarantee this will work w/o further modification with special purpose rounds. Everyone has its own little thing. That's why they sell them so you do not have to go through the potential pain.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Buck, it is not the same thing. It looks the same but it is not.
Well you can load 50 beowolf in .223 mags they just single stack so I figured it was the same thing... and I dont need them I posted this purely out of curiosity

·
Registered
214 Posts
I hate to drag up an old thread but this is relevant, especially now. The follower in a 50 Beowulf magazine is pretty much identical to an old style, non tilt crappy follower but it is blue. I have both and there is really no functional difference i can see in them, i have some Magpul 5.56 followers in my Beowulf magazines and they feed and load the same as the Beowulf follower but are just much better at it. The original blue followers are really just blue and thats it. I will upload some pics to show this.

I am in no way suggesting to use these as a loophole mag for running other ammo. The only genuine difference in the standard AR mag and a Beowulf is the angle of the feedramps exits are a good bit steeper. I dont know if they would feed 223/5.56 ammo but i cant test it and dont plan to and dont suggest anyone else do it either unless it is a 5 round 223/5.56 mag to begin with.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts