New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I traded one of my AK's to Jeff over at CMMG and he built me this rifle in exchange. I have close to 200 round threw it now and got the irons sighted in last weekend. Last week I ordered the Midwest Industries rail and the Trijicon Reflex...they came in today! :D

As of right now this is the completed package. I only have 1 more thing in mind to 100% complete this rifle and its a spikes Havoc 37mm launcher.

I never realized how big the trijicon was till I saw it today in person. It has a 42mm objective lens. I have one of the older ones with the 24mm and this just dwarfs it. The sight picture is beautiful on this.

Specs on the rifle are:
CMMG Multi Lower
CMMG LPK
Upper and Lower are 7075 - Keyhole upper
Medium profile barrel, 1/7 twist, Chrome lined bore and chamber, HP & MPI and Cold Hammer Forged 4150, 5.56
F marked front sight
Engraved T marks
Nice detachable handle - Square cast

· Registered
8,557 Posts
Very nice, happy shooting.

· Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I just googled "Havoc 37mm launcher"...ugh...dont need to spend any more money.
They are sick aren't they? (" launcher on a 9" middy rail is a perfect setup! I built the look of this rifle around that launcher but figured go for the optic 1st over the launcher so at least its nicely shootable till I can get the launcher!

· Registered
8,557 Posts
Is the intended rifle for this grenade launcher pre-ban? Or to be brought into NY?

· Registered
71 Posts
They are sick aren't they? (" launcher on a 9" middy rail is a perfect setup! I built the look of this rifle around that launcher but figured go for the optic 1st over the launcher so at least its nicely shootable till I can get the launcher!
They are pretty awesome. I dont know wtf I need to shoot flares but it seems like it would be an awful lot of fun. NY doesn't deem these evil? It seems no different than a regular flare gun though.

Would be nicer if the flares were cheaper. $10 a shot is a bit much but that's still pretty awesome.

· Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is the intended rifle for this grenade launcher pre-ban? Or to be brought into NY?
its a 37mm launcher so its considered a flare launcher. It can only be used for smoke, flares, fireworks etc. Once you use a destructive round it becomes illegal.

The real M203 launchers are 40mm and would be considered a destructive device.

· Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They are pretty awesome. I dont know wtf I need to shoot flares but it seems like it would be an awful lot of fun. NY doesn't deem these evil? It seems no different than a regular flare gun though.

Would be nicer if the flares were cheaper. $10 a shot is a bit much but that's still pretty awesome.
Yea the good flares are a little pricey but they are nice. It's more for the look then anything. It will get used here and there though.

To bring the price down you can get 26mm and 12ga adapters for it

· Registered
8,557 Posts
its a 37mm launcher so its considered a flare launcher. It can only be used for smoke, flares, fireworks etc. Once you use a destructive round it becomes illegal.

The real M203 launchers are 40mm and would be considered a destructive device.
Cool beans

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.